Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I did not have the Dropbox app :/. I even uninstalled the Dropbox Promotion app and it persists.

HP Recommended

This was a fix that someone else posted, seems to work for me;

1. Go to Device Manager

2. View --> Show Hidden Devices

3. Find in System Devices the hardware "Intel(R) Watchdog Driver Timer"

4. Uninstall with the option check "Delete the driver software for this device"

5. Restart

6. Go to Device Manager, and repeat the process until the hardware "Intel(R) Watchdog Driver Timer" has been disappeared.

HP Recommended

This was the method that I used to discover the Dropbox problem from the Windows Forum:

"Method 4. Do clean boot

A “clean boot” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program.

- In the search box on the taskbar, type msconfig and select System Configuration from the results.

- On the Services tab of System Configuration, select Hide all Microsoft services, and then select Disable all.

- On the Startup tab of System Configuration, select Open Task Manager.

- Under Startup in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then select Disable.

- Close Task Manager.

- On the Startup tab of System Configuration, select OK. When you restart the computer, it's in a clean boot environment."

I figured out which app was the problem in the Startup Tab in the Task Manager.

HP Recommended

Riddle_Decipher,

This bug is being caused by the Intel Watchdog Timer Driver update served after updating to Windows 10 2004, and many HP ENVY 15 2020 users are suffering this. HP doesn't seem to know anything about this and doesn't seem to care, even though I've tried letting them know through their Twitter and the HP Support Community multiple times. PLEASE could you pass this on to HP themselves?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.