Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 11

HP Envy x360 is less than 6 months old. Super short battery life of 2-3 hours & laptop heats up often.
I don't do any gaming.  Rather, it's used primarily with Microsoft Powerpoint & Word, and to zoom for business meetings.
Multiple tabs open in the browser for research. Never had similar issues with any other laptop in last 20 yrs.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @mHealth.
As time goes by the lithium ion batteries are getting tired and finishing their useful life cycles, that is the reason why their performance tends to decrease, however they usually perform on average between 2 and 4 hours.

In order to improve the performance of the battery I could follow the instructions of the following link:

HP Notebook PCs - Improving battery performance (Windows)

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

HP Recommended

The reference provided by @GOLD_MASTER gives excellent advice.  However, the power plan HP  presents there leaves out one possibly important item.

There is a processor setting for Maximum and Minimum speed.  Frequently system are shipped with the minimum set to %100 or some very high figure.  That means the CPU runs at or near turbo speed all the time.  You might check your advanced power plan and make sure the minimum speed is not set to 100%   Usually %25 or lower.is satisfactory.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.