Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
computer-joe-68
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy x360 - Stuck at Windows 10 initial setup screen for Services - Found possible workaround

Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello - Posting this here because I think I found a work around.  This is a brand new 2019 HP Envy x360 15" laptop that got stuck during the Windows 10 wizard startup at the 'Services' screen - after entering a phone number for the user.  Advancing from the phone number screen to the next screen (Services screen) it got stuck.  Nothing displayed on the Services screen - no content or buttons to click - and it just sat there.  Tried clicking back to phone screen then back to next screen but nothing.

WORKAROUND:  While on the Services screen, I started clicking the function keys at the top of the keyboard; volume, brightness ... and I think turning the wifi off and back on using the 'Airplane' mode button did the trick.  After turinginoff/on the setup wizard displayed content on the stuck Services screen and I was able tom complete the Windows setup.

HP:  Super bad initial USER EXPERIENCE.  Cool that Cortana was talking up to this point, but a blank screen during setup was a real let down.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation