Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome and I'm glad it helped :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I was having the same problem. Windows 7 wouldn't boot after a windows update. I just got the blank cursor.

I tried system restore, but at the end it would give me the unspecified error occurred during system restore (0x8000ffff) error.

I went to command prompt and did a chkdsk /f. This didn't find much. Still had the problem.

Then, before trying the solution here, I unplugged my iPod from the USB port because I wanted to plug in my external hard drive to back up my data. I started backing things up with the HP recovery manager, but I got impatient and stopped it. When I rebooted, I then tried the "startup repair" option. It seemed to work. On restart, it booted up windows, and said I had successfully gone back to a restore point.

Fixed! So I would suggest unplugging everything from your usb ports first to see if this fixes it.

HP Recommended

hello, i have same problem, the computer can log in dafe mode, remove drivers of graffic card and log in windows normanly, had lots of virus and these stafs, try to start windows update couldnt start, any way the computer its overheating all the time. i make a recovery out of box from the bck disk. and cant log and safe mode also

i put a win7 cd and type these commands :

Bootrec.exe

bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup

c:

cd boot

attrib bcd -s -h -r

ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old

bootrec /RebuildBcd

bootrec /fixmbr

bootrec /fixboot

nothing, all command exetuted exept this --> attrib bcd -s -h -r

the mbr dont fix it the recovery disk  ??

HP Recommended

fixed, with bios update i will prevend overheat ? or same problem again ?

HP Recommended

Hp windows7wont boot. Turns on windows trys then gos black. I need a copey of windows7

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.