Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 15-dh1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I start HP Hardware Diagnostics -> System Tests, it does "Initalizing Diagnostics" but then the tests screen is blank. Same is true for Component Tests. I'm using 1.6.7.0. Any idea how to fix the problem.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@ChuckBohling

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to run the hardware diagnostics.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Are you facing any issues with the computer?

Are you running the hardware test from the F2 menu?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article to run a system test on the computer.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. I got a new Omen last month and after 2 or 3 weeks, it blue screened. It hasn't done it again. Right after the blue screen, I decided to run the HP Hardware Diagnostics (1.6.7.0) and see if there were any problems. At first, I just ran the app that came with the computer. It starts fine. If I select "system information", I get what looks like the correct info. But when I select either "system test" or "component tests" , "initializing diagnostics" shows in the right pane but when that finishes, the pane is blank. There are no tests to select.

I've tried reinstalling the desktop app from both the Microsoft Store and HP web support (sp110352.exe). Nothing changed. I did run the F2 boot diagnostics and they seemed to work.

Shortly after I got the Omen, I removed apps I didn't want. I not sure which ones. Is it possible I removed something that's preventing diags from running? I would think there would be a failure message if that were true. Are there log files that will show what's not working?

Thanks, Chuck

HP Recommended

@ChuckBohling

I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I had already done that. Are there any logs I can look at to see what happening?

HP Recommended

@ChuckBohling

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok, thanks

HP Recommended

@ChuckBohling

You're welcome!

Take Care!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.