Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
E0L01UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

WIthin the past few days, my laptop has begun to randomly power off/shutdown on it's own. I'm positive it's not overheating. I've researched some HP forum posts and have seen some people who've had similar issues. I've tried a good amount of different fixes I've read and nothing has helped. It happens while charging and even at 100 percent battery.  It seems to be pretty random, sometimes the laptop shutdowns after a few minutes, other times it works fine for multiple hours. It seems to shutdown more during cpu intensive tasks like gaming though I think. Sometimes when it shutdowns multiple times quickly, I get a blue screen with the error code 0xc000001.

I did a system restore to a point before this issue started, and it didn't help. Tried updating my drivers, didn't help. Tried doing a battery test, came back 100 percent fine. Tried doing a full refresh and factory reset, except my computer wouldn't allow me too.  I tried using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows app, but I need Internet Explorer 11 which isn't compatible with Windows 8. I also tried upgrading to Windows 8.1, and midway through installation this problem occured again and caused the computer to instantly shutdown. My warranty is expired, so I'm kind of at a loss, any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Immediately after powering on start tapping the Esc key. This will open a menu where F2 System Diagnostics is an option. Tap F2 key and run the tests.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I had the same problem ,with a new laptop ,and it took me months to sort it out ,it ended up being flashplayer programme was corrupt, in the end after months of shut downs, and efforts by hp tech ,and microsoft tec , i found the solution was to download  windows10  v 1709  from microsoft ,create a disc and reinstall the whole windows programme,so far no more shut downs, a factory restore would not do it as the flashplayer file was corrupt.

HP Recommended
What is the solution?
HP Recommended

@AFash

The original author never came back with results of Diagnostics nor any comments to let us know if he solved it. In cases like this it isn't a one solution works for all...but many times with his problems it is either bad memory stick or hard drive. That is why I suggested  he use F2 System Diagnostics as first step.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

This has been happening to me too. But i have a few solutions that would probably help a few of you. Solution 1: Buy a new battery for your laptop (what i did and it worked. Also i think that there's more battery's online.) Solution 2: Buy another computer or laptop (to be honest i don't think that's a very good idea cause it would cost a lot more money then buying a new battery for your laptop.) Solution 2 (the one that doesn't cost money): Take the battery out from the laptop and give it a few days then put the battery back in and i believe that would work (the reason why i typed this in is because your laptop is probably overheated and needs a break from be used but if you don't use your laptop like every single day and your laptop keeps shutting off then i recommend getting a new battery for your laptop.) I hoped this helped a few of you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.