Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Since yesterday, i can not find how to go to bios setting or how to go to booting option.

I have read all articles on this forum about pressing esc, f9, or f10 when notebook begin starting.

But never work. All of this button never work.

Somebody tell me combination with fn button, but it also didn't work. Everytime i press fn+f9 or fn+f10 when notebook begin start doesn show bios or booting menu.

Does it becouse i use windows 8?

My notebook is HP Mini 110-3500 with Windows 8 in it.

Then i try to search 'how to go to bios setting in windows 8', i found many articles, most of them using UEFI bios setting. But on my HP Mini there is no UEFI setting?

Can somebody tell me how to go to bios setting or how to go to booting options?

i want to reinstall this HP Mini using my usb flash drive.

thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

SOLVED,

To go to bios setting, press esc and hold on notebook restart, not on turning on 😛

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

Welcome and Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Forum

It looks like you are facing difficulties to access the BIOS of your HP Mini 110-3500

We will surely assist you with this issue

The best way to access BIOS setting on your HP Mini 110-3500 is by tapping F10 Key during the startup

OR

You can tap the Escape/Esc Key during the startup, so the notebook screen will show you a list of options out of which

F10 BIOS is one of them

Incase if these keys are not working for your Notebook

Perform the 4 steps shown below first and then try to access the BIOS by tapping F10

Step 01. Turn OFF the Notebook

Step 02. Un-plug the Power/AC Adapter and also remove the Battery too

Step 03. Press and Hold the Power Button of the Notebook for a full minute

Step 04. Now let's re-insert the battery back in and plug back the Power/AC Adapter

Incase even after performing the above shown steps, you can connect an external USB Keyboard to your HP Mini

110-3500 and then try the same keys as suggested above

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the KUDOS star on left to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks for reply, i will try,

HP Recommended

I have tried it, it doesn't work,

always go to start screen of windows 8

any another idea?

HP Recommended

Steps to drain the Static charge :

Step 01. Turn OFF the Notebook

Step 02. Un-plug the Power/AC Adapter and also remove the Battery too

Step 03. Press and Hold the Power Button of the Notebook for a full minute

Step 04. Now let's re-insert the battery back in and plug back the Power/AC Adapter

Step 05. Start the Notebook and keep tapping F10 Key during the startup to access the BIOS

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the KUDOS star on left to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Yes, i turn of,,

then i unplug adapter, remove bateray, hold power button, then add baterai, turn it on and pressing f10 :'(

HP Recommended

Somebody can help me???

i have read so many articles, praticed so many articles.

Pressing and hoding f2 before turn on notebook

Pressing and holding esc,

Pressign and holding f9, f10,

doing settings -> pc settings ->general ->advanced startup -> UEFI firmware (but there is no UEFI Firmware) on my notebook

after couple of days searcing and reading, i feel desperate now 😞

I just want to install another os on my HP MINI 110 - 3500 , so i should install it on usb, but unfortunately i can not go to bios setting to set boot priority.

My notebook is HP MINI 110-3500 iwith stupid windows 8 on it.

Any help?

HP Recommended

SOLVED,

To go to bios setting, press esc and hold on notebook restart, not on turning on 😛

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.