Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 17-an013ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently started a Windows Update and it gave me some Driver and Bios Updates too.

I've went ahead and updated everything. My PC Reboots and it starts the BIOS Update.
After it has updated, it restarted automatically and there I got the 5 and 3 Caps Lock Blinks.
I've tried the Windows + B Bios Recovery, Unplugging the Battery, I even dissasembled the entire PC until I had the motherboard in my hands, but no luck. I made the Bios Update USB with the HP Tool, when I try the combination Windows + B (or V) after 3 seconds the PC automatically shuts down.

Please help me.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @andreuzzo,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It seems like you're experiencing an issue with your HP Omen 17 after a BIOS update, and the blinking caps lock pattern indicates a problem with the system. Blink codes are used by HP to diagnose hardware issues.

In your case, the 5 long and 3 short blinks may indicate a problem with the system's memory (RAM). Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

• Re-seat the RAM modules: Turn off your laptop, disconnect the power adapter, and remove the battery (if possible). Then, re-seat the RAM modules. Carefully take them out and put them back in their slots securely.
  • Test with one RAM module at a time: If your laptop has multiple RAM modules, try testing each one individually. Remove one RAM module and see if the issue persists. If the problem continues, switch to the other module and test again. This can help identify if one of the RAM modules is faulty.
  • Reset BIOS settings: If possible, access the BIOS settings and reset them to default. This can be done by entering the BIOS during the boot process (usually by pressing F10 or another specified key). Look for an option to load default settings or reset to factory defaults.
  • Remove recently added hardware: If you recently added any new hardware components, such as additional RAM or an upgraded storage device, try removing them and see if the issue persists.
  • Perform a hard reset: Turn off your laptop, disconnect the power adapter, and remove the battery (if possible). Hold down the power button for at least 15 seconds to perform a hard reset. Then, reconnect the power adapter and try turning on the laptop.

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it's possible that the BIOS update might not have been successful or there could be an underlying hardware problem.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hi Alden4,

I have already tried reseating the RAM and changing the Slot.

As I said the computer turns on but it doesn't boot, it's just a blank screen.

Best Regards

HP Recommended

Hi @andreuzzo,

Thank you for your response, 

Due to limited support, I would request you contact our HP Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link.

https://www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.