cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Omen: Windows Recovery Environment / Use a device shows "strange" entries.

HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-ce003nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

Yesterday I restored my HP Omen laptop using the Restore option of Windows Recovery Environment.

Before doing that, I navigated through the menus of WinRE, just because I was curious.

I found that inside the "Use a device" option there were two strange entries: "Manjaro" and "Ubuntu" (you can see what I'm talking about in the pic below). These two entries lead nowhere, and when selected a message from UEFI appears, saying "The selected boot device failed. Press <Enter> to continue".

I remember that I installed (and then removed) the two Linux distros at least one year ago. They were installed in a "triple boot setup" alongside Windows 10, that was the main OS on my SSD, while Manjaro and Ubuntu were installed on the internal HDD.

Anyways, yesterday I didn't worry about these two entries because I was going to wipe all my data, but after the restore was complete, they were still there. So I started looking for a way to get rid of those two (harmless) entries.

I formatted both my drives with gparted, restored UEFI to default settings, re-flashed it... but nothing worked. So I tried by low level formatting both my SSD and HDD, but that didn't help either. They are still there. (Every formatting was followed by a fresh Windows installation from scratch).

Where in the world are those entries stored? I don't know what else I could wipe to get rid of them 😧

I don't know why SSD is shown in this menu, but HDD isn't. Maybe it's related to the fact that Ubuntu and Manjaro were installed on it and "took its place".

(A link to the pic, in case it's not visible: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12FdEqrpGXlxHIu788-6ldhQoux6jCGLx/view?usp=sharing ).

pic1.jpeg

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation