Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 2 (648 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP Pavilion 15
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HELP !!

Of course my laptop has drama's when it's just out of warranty. Last night I was doing a word doc - and it just froze so I turned it off and when it loaded - it had a BLUE SCREEN and said:

RECOVERY

Your PC/Device needs to be repairded - I dont know why/what/how - BUT I was lucky that I did request the disc for System Recovery.

I did the 4 disc - was all working - did all the updates ect.

Today {Saturday 15th October 2016)

Working on a word doc - next mintue the screen started going Grey with some lines ect

Iv turned it off - took at battery out- turn back on - it Power's up BUT the screen is still copmplety Grey- Now has virticle lines.

Iv tried tapping the f10- screen same- and it BEEPS at me !!

f2- screen is the same

I have Videos and Pictures

Please Help- I cant afford a new laptop

HP Pavilion 15

Product No: P3C83PA

Edition: Windows 10 Home

System: 64-bit

Kind Regards
Sonia McMahon
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: HP Pavilion 15 Notebook

SoniaM

I wish I had good news for you -- but I don't ...

Sounds like your screen has gone out, at least, while it is running Windows.

About all you can do is this point is try to run some built-in diagnostics -- and since the PC does not run Windows for those, I'm hoping the display will work.

Turn off your laptop, reboot and keep pressing F2 until you get a menu on screen or it starts beeping.

When the menu comes up, choose the option to run diagnostics -- and report back what happens after that.

Good Luck

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (604 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion 15 Notebook

SoniaM

I wish I had good news for you -- but I don't ...

Sounds like your screen has gone out, at least, while it is running Windows.

About all you can do is this point is try to run some built-in diagnostics -- and since the PC does not run Windows for those, I'm hoping the display will work.

Turn off your laptop, reboot and keep pressing F2 until you get a menu on screen or it starts beeping.

When the menu comes up, choose the option to run diagnostics -- and report back what happens after that.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation