Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It started with a long series of BSOD.

I followed the process to resole the problem, did a total reset and re-installation of Window 10

Seemed to be working fine.

Suddenly the PC got locked up. No way to move the mouse. Then the screen started showing garbage.

Finally the PC stopped working.

Impossible the restart it.

Of course this happens 3 months after the end of the warranty.

Thank you so much HP!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@paulAruba Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the laptop will not start.

Please perform the below steps and check.

Hard Reset:

1) Shutdown the computer.  

2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.  

3) Remove the Battery. ( not for Built-in Battery computer ) 

4) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.  

5) Plug-in the Adapter and put the Battery back into the computer if it's a (removable battery)

6) Try to turn on the computer and check, If the issue persists continue next step

Set BIOS default and restart:

1. Restart your notebook.
  2. During startup, press F10 repeatedly until the BIOS menu is displayed.
  3. Once the BIOS menu is displayed, press F9 to restore factory defaults.
  4. Select Yes to confirm.
  5. Press F10 to save changes and exit.
  6. Select Yes to confirm.
  7. The computer restarts using the default settings.

Please perform the below steps on the computer to run a System Test

- Shut down/Turn off the computer

- Once the computer is completely Shut down/Turned off

- Now press the power button once to turn on the computer and immediately start pressing/tapping the F2 key on the keyboard

- This should open the UEFI Diagnostic screen on the computer

- Please select System Test and then select Extensive Test

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Praveen, you already deserve the High Five for providing me with such an extended level of support 🙂

You will get the "Accept as solution" once I will have completed the procedure.

In fact I had already made progress before reading your solutions.

As the laptop was not starting at all (you press the start button and nothing happens apart from the white light of the said button blinking at intervals), I opened it and removed the battery. It was a non removable battery but I found the How To on HP's support pages.

Now the PC starts starting but I have an error code blinking on the Caps Lock key: white 3,2 which apparently means that I need to proceed with "Reseating memory modules in a notebook"

Which I will try later today.

Anyway, thanks a lot for reaching out and trying to help me. That's very very nice.

Paul

HP Recommended

Processed with the reseating of the memory, which was not loose by the way. No change.

Still white 3,2 blinking

This HP is going to end up in the garbage bin where it belongs

HP Recommended

@paulAruba

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you conatct our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a  nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.