Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

To keep things short, I have nothing to complain about this laptop, I love it, except that it gets too hot, too fast and unnecessary.

I own this laptop since March and the only thing I always notice is that it gets hot pretty fast. When I'm doing things like surfing on the web it remains pretty 'cold' but when I start editing it gets hot within 5-10 minutes, and the fan gets sometimes loud too.

The heaviest things I do is video editing. I know video editing can be a heavy task for laptops/pc but the way this laptop gets hot is too fast. I can understand that if you do 'crazy' things during video editing like adding a lot of effects, edit with 4K footage etc your laptop will struggle, but I do not do these things. Yesterday I edited a video of 720p, only did some cutting and pasting things and my laptop went from cold to hot in 5-10 minutes.

If I have video edit sessions like this for 1-2 hours, that can't be good for my laptop! I don't want to destroy it. So, what to do? I noticed that other people had/have this hot problem with the HP Pavilion 15, but is there a way to fix this?

Thank you.

(This is maybe irrelevant but my previous laptop had only a 920m nvidea card and other 'bad' specs but that laptop didn't get this hot when I edited videos)

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hey there,

As you said you are using this Product Since march.So i assume it as a new product ,Actually i'm also using Hp Pavilion 15 for video editing and it has the same problem if i  use to keep on uneven surface like your thighs or on Bed, So mostly laptops sucks the air from lower side, and if you hinder it , obviously it will heat and if it will heat its temperature will go high and Fans will go on full swing which will create noise.

Solution:-

1. Keep laptop on clean table.

2. Get the Inlet Fins Clean.

3.if still not solved then go to service center and get the fans clean.

Thanks,

SGPrashant

HP Recommended

Thanks for your comment. I'm pretty sure my laptop is clean, had it updated a few weeks back with an SSD. 

Coincidentally, I checked some updates with the HP Support Assistant. One of them was an Intel graphics update. After that I tried again some video editing and I noticed that the laptop didn't get that hot or made a lot of fan noice. My problem could be fixed but I have to see and try it for a least 1 week or more, to be sure.

In the meantime, more solutions or tricks for this heat problem are welcome. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi, me again.

I think the problem isn't solved. I just watched a movie through HDMI to my tv and I noticed the laptop gets pretty hot. Is this normal? These tempratures get me really worried.

Naamloos.jpg

Is this normal? The laptop feels hot.

HP Recommended

Don't expect any support from HP regarding this issue.  I had the exact same issue and they did not want anything to do with me, even getting a replacement was not on the cards, I ended up having to go via my bank and asking them to refund me the money which visa found me in favour, I highly suggest you do the same as HP will not support you.

I've advised them many times, as have a number of youtubers that they need a more aggresive fan curve but they won't listen to provide an update, right now only running chrome and typing this message my laptop is sitting at 80 degress celious.

HP Recommended

That heat sync has burn mark!! Is this absolutely normal??That heat sync has burn mark!! Is this absolutely normal??

HP Recommended

My HP Latop was doing the same. It has a program installed called HP Comand Center where you can adjust the cooling under thermal control Gives you three options. Give that a try if you have the program installed.

HP Recommended

i noticed that the heat pipe not 100 percent contact with the heat sync plate? is this manufacture error or the original design is made like this!!IMAG0196[1].jpg

HP Recommended

I had the exact same problem on windows 10. Like it got burning hot. However, since I switched to linux mint it has completely dissolved. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.