Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have 64 bits  windows 10.  ran a test on hard drive  said short drive was out.  replace hard drive  but  said no hard drive  found  it a sea gate 250 gb  windows 10 on it  it a good hard drive because it work in my HP desk top just the  brand and gb is different  also had another hard drive it sea gate but has  windows xp on it  it wouldn't work I connect  it same as the one that bad  can someone please tell me  how to get  the all in one to accepted the hard drive   Will it not exchange to a sea gate ?   I thank you for any help  you can give me    BJ 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

When requesting assistance, please provide the complete model name and product number (p/n) of the HP computer in question. HP/Compaq makes thousands of models of computers. Without this information it may be difficult or impossible to assist you in resolving your issue.

The above requested information can be found on the bottom , back or, side of your computer, or on the startup BIOS screen. DO NOT include your serial number.

hp label.png

Any hard hard drive should be able to work in your computer, provided it it is of the same interface type. After replacing the hard drive you may have to verify that it is seen by the BIOS.

After the hard drive has been replaced, use the HP Recovery Media that you created when you first setup the computer to return the computer to a factory like state. If you didn't create this media, the media will need to be purchased from HP Customer Support for a nomimal fee. This method may only be valid in the US and Canada. Contact customer support and see if you can request the media

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

When requesting assistance, please provide the complete model name and product number (p/n) of the HP computer in question. HP/Compaq makes thousands of models of computers. Without this information it may be difficult or impossible to assist you in resolving your issue.

The above requested information can be found on the bottom , back or, side of your computer, or on the startup BIOS screen. DO NOT include your serial number.

hp label.png

Any hard hard drive should be able to work in your computer, provided it it is of the same interface type. After replacing the hard drive you may have to verify that it is seen by the BIOS.

After the hard drive has been replaced, use the HP Recovery Media that you created when you first setup the computer to return the computer to a factory like state. If you didn't create this media, the media will need to be purchased from HP Customer Support for a nomimal fee. This method may only be valid in the US and Canada. Contact customer support and see if you can request the media

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

thank you  thank you and thank you 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.