Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought the notebook (see title) 3 years ago, and the original HDD is failing. I research and followed the HP process to 

1. backup user files;

2. download HP cloud recovery tool; run the tool to create recovery USB;

3. remove old HDD, and install new one. verify in BIOS that the new HDD is recognized

4. boot from recovery USB, and take it from there

Steps 1-3 are good, my issue is at step 4. After selecting the boot media (the recovery USB), a few terminals flashed, and I got the following error:

This computer is not supported by the System Recovery Media.

You will not be able to continue to recover this system with these Media.

Error: 0100-83C4-830F, 8310,8567

Lots of time is spent on googling and finding the solution, but no avail. I eventually just reset the Notebook, and installed a plain Windows 10, no HP recovery partition on the new HDD. The notebook seems to run fine after I updated device drivers.

Would I miss anything by doing this? Any troubles in future? I still have a chance to do it the proper HP way at this point in time, if you know a solution to the recovery USB issue. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

You should be fine with a clean install.

I've gotten that error on one of the cloud recovery flash drives I made too, and took the only option out of it, which was to clean install W10.

You can install the HP support assistant to check for updates, tune your PC and whatnot.

HP Support Assistant | HP® Official Site

Click on the orange download button on the upper right side of the page.

HP Recommended

I got the same problem. Just I didn't even install a new HD.

I have a HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-bal153c. I tried to use the HP System Recovery Media on USB. Following all instructions and got an error code like you.

My error code is also 0100-83C4-830F,8310,8567

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.