Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion X360 Convertible 14-dh0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

I have an HP Pavillion X360, (version: 26.20.100.7926 (2/25/2020) that I bought last year July 2019. A few months after, I have an issue with the screen that put my laptop go to service. But then another issue is comes up, and this time it's with the keyboard. 

Everytime I turn off my laptop (proper shut down) or even put it to sleep, the keyboard always disabled when I turn it on. 

Solutions that I have tried : 

- Uninstall the keyboard from device manager  : NOT WORKED 

- Tried using the external keyboard and ran the hardware test : NOT SOLVED THE ISSUE 

- Follow the solutions of the same topic (https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Archive-Read-Only/HP-Pavilion-x360-Keyboard-Disabled/td-p/62...) : NOT SOLVED THE ISSUE 

Questions: Is this something that always happened to HP? Does this related with the services that I did with your service center? And how can I fixed this issue? 

It's really not a good choice or solutions to always restarting my computer whenever this issue occurred. 

Thank you for your response! 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@lIANA_31

Welcome to the HP support community.

Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:

1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)

2. Expand the Keyboared.

3. Right click on the Keyboard Adapter and click Properties.

4. Click the Power Management tab.

5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

6. Click OK.

7. Test.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, 

Thank you for reply on my comment. But regarding my case, I already tried all the troubleshooting and also all the support cases from other people as my first comment. This is my last attempt by put my issue in this forum. So far nothing is working. I also have the experiences where I lost all my works in this laptop because it goes to sleep automatically after I leave it to have a meal. And based on this experiences, I always lost 30 minutes of my "work day" because either I need to restart the computer (force shut down), put it to sleep-waiting-and put it awake again, or try to make the update from device manager. 

Can you give me some other solutions? 

P.S : I also tried the solutions you give me, but this is still not fixed the issue. 

Thank you for your help in advance! 

BR,

HP Recommended

@lIANA_31

This might require remote access of the comouter to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Sandytechy20, 

Thank you for your reply, but this is not satisfying for me. 

When I bought this HP laptop, I bought it for the quality. Not only for the quality of the laptop but also the quality of the support and services. I did not expect that this laptop that is cost 1.500 Euro when I bought it, to have so much issues like this. 

I go to this forum, looking for a solutions, and a support from you. If now, you push me to contact service center, and I need again to explain them of what I have been done, and it's going to be the repetition communication as I have with you for this last couple of days. This is going to waste my time. 

Can't you be the one, who makes a report? tell your colleague of what is my issue. This way, I'll skip all the repetition topic that I already had with you. Or you can even put my issue directly to the right person. And this is what I expected. Not just for me to go to another web support, fill out the form, wait for their contact and just for me to explain the same thing again and again. 

If my issue is not fixed, till my guarantee is finished. What will happened then? Another extra bucks I have to spend, just because the issue is already come from the laptop itself.

Sorry for this, but I do really need your support on this one. As in, you direct me to the right techie that going to help me. I believe you have more knowledge about this issue than me. 

Thank you for your time and help. 

HP Recommended

@lIANA_31

Perform system reset.

Here are the steps:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.