Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

I have HP Pavilion x360 (13-a050er) with preinstalled Windows 8

All works fine, but

When i upgrade OS to Windows 10 - I got the problem with power function.

I looks like broken sleep mode.  When notebook goes into sleep mode it no longer turns on

I power on my notebook - all works fine.

I press power button onthe notebook - system is going to sleep mode.

Nex i try to power on - but no result. All i can to do is long-press to power button, full shutdown notebook and next power on notebook as clear power on.

I turn off hybernate mode.

I upgrade BIOS to latest version

I install all latest drivers for this notebook

I try to install Windows 10 as clear from clear image

No result

And when i install Windows 8 - i have no problem. Sleep mode works fine.

Can anybody help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Woula!

I found the solution.

I disable Intel Smart connect Technology in BIOS and all start works fine.

I do it just for test, but from this moment sleep mode - works fine!

Wow!

Who would have thought that this technology affects sleep mode

Ticket may be closed.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@AlexCher

Thank you for joining the HP Community

Run Power troubleshooter in Windows following the below steps.

Step 1 – To get the Power troubleshooter start working click on the Start button and select the Settings icon. If you prefer to use the keyboard then press Win and I at the same time. Now choose the Update & Security icon from the application.

Step 2 – Here, under the Update and Security, find the option Troubleshoot and click on the same in the left pane.

Step 3 – Now move to the opposite pane and under Find and Fix other Problems click the option Power. Once you click on the Power option it opens in an expanded form.

Step 4 – Select Run the Troubleshooter under Power. Then allow the Troubleshooter to start for detecting any problems related to the power supply.

Then follow the on-screen instruction.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hello, Raj1788

Thank's for you answer.

I try to do what you say, but troubleshooter found no problem.

Maybe you can give me other advice about it?

HP Recommended

Hi! @AlexCher,

Thanks for writing back to us.

Try the steps recommended below and check if it helps.

Allow your keyboard and mouse to wake up your PC

On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key  and R at the same time, then type devmgmt.msc into the box and press Enter.
Double-click on Keyboards > your keyboard device.
Click Power Management and check the box before Allow this device to wake the computer and then click OK.
Repeat this fix on your mouse device(usually under the category of mice and other pointing devices).
Sleep your PC and wake it up later and check if this Windows 10 won t wake from sleep problem gets resolved.

Turn off fast startup

On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then copy & paste powercfg.cpl into the box and click OK.
Click Choose what the power buttons do.
Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
Make sure the box before Turn on fast startup (Recommended) is unchecked, then click Save changes and close the window.
Check sleep-awake route again and see if it works.

Tweak power settings

On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then type powercfg.cpl into the box and press Enter.
Click the chosen power plan and click Change plan settings.
Click Change advanced power settings.
Double-click on Sleep and Allow wake timers to expand. Then choose Enable in Setting.
Click Apply > OK.
Restart your computer, test on your machine again and see if it wakes up without fail.

Let me know if this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well, I was try all you say.

And i try to sleep after each change, but - no result.

Also i found additional problem.

When i poweroff (not sleep) my notebook - i see the same problem: Windows say me that it poweroff, display is off, but power button is on and i can't power on my notebook again.

I can only press and hold power button, wait while LED in power button if off, and then - power on notebook as normal way.

So my problem involves two functions: sleep mode and power on\power off functionality.

HP Recommended

@AlexCher

Lets, try resetting your computer.

Refer to this document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Well, I just completely reinstalled the operating system.

I use Windows 10 Pro 1903 x64 bit installation ISO (i get it from Microsoft licensing portal, according to my organization)

I full format my SSD and

the problem still exist.

I feel exhausted...

HP Recommended

Hi! @AlexCher,

Thanks for writing back to us.

I would suggest you installed the image shipped by HP and check if the issue persists.

You can create your own recovery kit using HP cloud recovery.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP cloud recovery. Click Here

Let me know if this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well.

I try to use "HP cloud recovery".

I downloaded it, install an try to run as Admin's account on my notebook

When i click NEXT it check the network connection at first, and then ask me about "System identifying Number"

I try to input all numbers i have - but "HP cloud recovery" say it's wrong and can't go next.

I try to input numbers:

s\n: 5CD4327QS3 (tool say me "wrong identifying number")

p\n: J1T49EA#ACB (tool say me "identifying number is not match or it's wrong. Call support please")

p\n: J1T49EA (tool say me "identifying number is not match or it's wrong. Call support please")

model: 13-a050er (tool say me "wrong identifying number")

Which identifying number i need to use?

Label from back of my notebook is in attach. I see no more suitable "numbers" here, Notebook.jpg

HP Recommended

Woula!

I found the solution.

I disable Intel Smart connect Technology in BIOS and all start works fine.

I do it just for test, but from this moment sleep mode - works fine!

Wow!

Who would have thought that this technology affects sleep mode

Ticket may be closed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.