Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavillion 15 Freezing randomly

pavillion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Pavillion randomly freezes especially while gaming and i cant do anything except holding the power button, I did extensive tests and everything passed, configured the power settings to high performance, but the problem ins't solved, i have the laptop since almost 6 months. what other solutions can you offer me? Thank you for helping!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Provost Provost
Provost
45,054 40,720 4,409 11,462
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @yazan_madi ,

Since you actually created a thread I do not mind replying to your PM.  Many people try to skip the middle man and PM a group of Experts without even taking the time to author a thread. I thank you for taking the time to be a web author.

Would you mind looking at the bottom of your notebook for the ProdID and posting it in your next response here in your thread?

How is your notebook configured?  How much RAM and which processor is installed.

Which game is giving you issues?

Which Windows 10 build is installed? Is it a normal build or a Windows Insider build?

Post any other questions you have in your thread.
Please accept as solution if this is the info you needed.

Take a moment of your time, as we volunteers have given you some of ours in trying to help you resolve your issue, to return to your thread to let us know if we helped you or not.
yazan_madi Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for replying to this thread!

-prodID: 4PMO3EA#A2N

-I have 8 gb of RAM, (two sticks of 4gb)

-Intel i7 8750H @2.20ghz

-Nvidia gtx 1050ti 

-1tb of HDD, 128gb of SSD *Windows installed on SSD

-there isn't any specific game that is causing me issues, I mostly play fortnite and overwatch.

-I am using windows 10 home, version 1903 (OS build:18362.387)

I took my laptop to both HP customer service and where I bought it from, They tested everything and found that there is no hardware issues on my device, and it is working properly while not frozen.

Thank you for helping me!

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
45,054 40,720 4,409 11,462
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI @yazan_madi 

Have you selected the Nvidia 1050ti GPU instead of the default Intel HD graphics for the games?

See the video to see how that can be done.  The music in the video is a bit odd in terms of volume, but otherwise it contains a good tutorial.

Fortnite ready NVIDIA drivers at the link below this line!

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/fortnite-shadowplay-highlights-game-ready-driver/

Post any other questions you have in your thread.
Please accept as solution if this is the info you needed.

Take a moment of your time, as we volunteers have given you some of ours in trying to help you resolve your issue, to return to your thread to let us know if we helped you or not.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation