Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavillion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Pavillion randomly freezes especially while gaming and i cant do anything except holding the power button, I did extensive tests and everything passed, configured the power settings to high performance, but the problem ins't solved, i have the laptop since almost 6 months. what other solutions can you offer me? Thank you for helping!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @yazan_madi ,

Since you actually created a thread I do not mind replying to your PM.  Many people try to skip the middle man and PM a group of Experts without even taking the time to author a thread. I thank you for taking the time to be a web author.

Would you mind looking at the bottom of your notebook for the ProdID and posting it in your next response here in your thread?

How is your notebook configured?  How much RAM and which processor is installed.

Which game is giving you issues?

Which Windows 10 build is installed? Is it a normal build or a Windows Insider build?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying to this thread!

-prodID: 4PMO3EA#A2N

-I have 8 gb of RAM, (two sticks of 4gb)

-Intel i7 8750H @2.20ghz

-Nvidia gtx 1050ti 

-1tb of HDD, 128gb of SSD *Windows installed on SSD

-there isn't any specific game that is causing me issues, I mostly play fortnite and overwatch.

-I am using windows 10 home, version 1903 (OS build:18362.387)

I took my laptop to both HP customer service and where I bought it from, They tested everything and found that there is no hardware issues on my device, and it is working properly while not frozen.

Thank you for helping me!

HP Recommended

HI @yazan_madi 

Have you selected the Nvidia 1050ti GPU instead of the default Intel HD graphics for the games?

See the video to see how that can be done.  The music in the video is a bit odd in terms of volume, but otherwise it contains a good tutorial.

Fortnite ready NVIDIA drivers at the link below this line!

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/fortnite-shadowplay-highlights-game-ready-driver/

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.