Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Here is a one more. After windows update (required to restart) and bios upgrade a black screen shown with a noisy fan. Laptop HP ProBook 455 G7.

HP Recommended

We have 11/40 failed so far. The HP technician tried restoring the bios to a previous version with no outcome so he ordered new motherboards from HP.

We removed HP Security Manager Software to prevent any auto-update.  We recommend to do the same.

HP should remove the bios firmware from it's servers as soon as possible to prevent any more damage...

HP Recommended

This corupted BIOS is also distributed via Windows Update. Here is how to disable automatic bios update

Blocking Windows Update BIOS Updates with BIOS Settings
Native OS Firmware Update Service
The setting titled “Native OS Firmware Update Service” is the primary mechanism to enable or disable the
UEFI Capsule BIOS update on an HP client. The default value for this setting is “Enable.” When enabled the
HP BIOS will accept updates from UEFI Capsule via Windows Update. To block the update from Windows
Update set this setting to “Disable.”
If your environment requires you to qualify each BIOS release before broad roll out, this is option will block
any update that might be done by WU but it will allow you to manually perform the update after a BIOS
release has been qualified.

HP Recommended

Bios file (.exe file) is now removed from HP support website 

HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same problem. With CH341A I copied the bios chip from the same NB version 1.16 and it helped. I just don't know if I need to modify something, for example the SN in the BIOS is correct.

HP Recommended

3 currently broken here with the same issue - need a fix for this....

HP Recommended

I also have this issue, quite unbelievable that this happens in 2024 the BIOS updaters are so good that legit what did they put in it to stop it from starting the power check.

HP Recommended

It's even more alarming that HP has apparently recognized the problem, at least according to today's statement from International Support. But at least on the German HP support websites still offers the faulty patch.

Can anyone describe the process of "resetting" the BIOS with the CH341A? Does this work with the previous patch V1.16, which is still available on the HP Support Website? You can download this from any device and install it on an USB stick. There you will find a .bin file with the BIOS file. Important: it is not possible to write the file onto a SD card.

HP Recommended

What process did you use to re flash the bios with the CH341A? Im trying to locate the chip but cant see it on the board. 

Also have this with multiple laptops, Doesnt look good..

HP Recommended

The BIOS chip is near the fan connector, under the black sticker, big letters BIOS 😉

I copied the content from another live laptop 455G7

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.