08-06-2015 04:09 PM
I am going to be updating to Windows 10, howevver it is saying that the HP ProtectTools Security Manager is not compatible with Windows 10. 2 questions I have.
The first is: Is there going to be a replacement for these tools for Windows 10?
Second is: How do I uninstall the tools so that I can proceed, properly?
08-06-2015 04:44 PM
1. Upgrade to Windows 10, Update your BIOS from HP support page for your PC. Then install the protect tool for Windows 8.1 (Until the Windows 10 update for this is not available). It will work.
08-08-2015 11:41 AM
Good News just installed HP Protect Tools. First Installed the Security Manager and then the HP Protect tools and is working. Even pre boot security is working
08-16-2015 01:08 AM
These instructions are useful but there is a newer version of Client Security Manager
Just to inform others users, HP protect tools security Manager has been rebranded to Client Security Manager. So it's the same software, they just change the name and the logo
10-17-2015 07:22 PM
I try to keep a follow up through a post (bellow) and ask HP why there is no follow up between all versions of there softwares because this problem is not only related to Security Manager, it's also related to drivers and other softwares.
So, if we want to have a chance to get an answer from HP (or a change would be the best), please "like" my post:
01-22-2016 08:58 AM
Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To ensure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.
Thank you for your understanding
02-12-2016 05:37 PM
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)