Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-18-2018 03:02 PM
This is HP security software installed on your computer.
How-to and product use information from the supplier:
Driver Information and Download:
Open category "Associated Files" > click the little Download button. The "download" is actually a pop-up window that provides the information for the driver. This is likely the same / similar-to the information you will find in the "Fixes" category.
If you are not running the latest version of the Driver, do download and install.
After the installation, Restart your computer and log in.
The best (and likely only) actual support for this software is available from HP Tech Support.
Business class sytems are provided with a pretty robust warranty -- you may well be able to discuss (and resolve) any remaining issues with an HP Business system representative.
HP Contact Information – Sales, Technical Support, other Contacts
Scams and Unscrupulous Contacts – Please READ:
Be aware of scams, thieves, and vermin that infest the underbelly of the forum.
These people are NOT here to help you.
Signs of Vermin:
- Do not respond to “for hassle free help – call us at this number” messages.
- HP does not post unsolicited private messages that contain embedded phone numbers or email addresses.
- HP does NOT sign email or messages as “Helpdesk”, “TechHelp”, “TechDesk” or similar.
- Verify all phone numbers against HP Contact information in HP Documents.
- HP will not call you to tell you there is a problem on your computer.
- HP will not call you and ask for your personal information.
- HP will not call you to offer you money.
- HP will not insist that you let the technician log into your computer.
- HP will not tell you your computer is full of malware and then offer to sell you a “plan”.
- Avatars and "HP" emblems inside an email or message can be faked.
HP and Forum Community HP Experts do NOT message, call, or email you and promise to fix a problem if you would just "call this number", give out your personal information, promise your first-born child, provide a credit card number.
HP Contact Options…
Open Browser to HP Forum,
Scroll down to the bottom of the page,
Click Contact HP
Technical Support Details
USA / Canada
- Submit information online: HP Customer Support - USA / Canada - Contact
- Sign in or continue as a guest
- For faster support, submit information online HP Customer Support - UK - Contact
- Contact Phone: Contact HP UK – Phone Assist
- Contact Information: HP World-Wide Support
Additional Information - "Things that are HP"
Need help finding your computer?
Visual search-and-click to assist finding your computer model
Help to find Product Information:
- Finding your Serial Number
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model or Printer Number?
- HP Devices – Find Product Number
NOTE: Use the "multiple systems" method to check your single system or multiple systems
- If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page
- Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
- Enter Serial Number and Countryfor one or more devices / systems to be checked
- Click the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
- Click Submit(at bottom of list entries)
- When the page opens, Click View Details
Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!
Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.
10-19-2018 08:01 AM
I need help.
Everytime someone sends me an Word or Excel document HP Sure Click blocks it and will not allow me to open it. Or if I can open it once I "Enable" it to save it, the file disappears. How can I fixe this or REMOVE HP Sure Click Secure View. This is getting frustrating.
10-19-2018 09:07 AM
If you like, try a different browser.
HP Elitebook x360 1030 G2 - Windows 10 Pro V1803
A simple test using one of my Dragon documents (in .docx format) shows that, after having mailed the attachment to one of my email addresses, Chrome can open the attachment in the browser.
Elitebook installation: HP Sure Click V188.8.131.527
Sure Click may respond to the uninstall command:
Start (Windows key) > List by Apps > Open Category HP (under "H") >
Find and Right-Click on HP Sure Click Secure Browser > Uninstall
After (if) the software is removed, Restart the computer and log in.
Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.
We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.
07-24-2019 07:23 PM
What's the version of HP Sure Click on your computer? You can try updating the latest version of the Software from the below link.
Find more information at
Do let know me know if it has helped to resolve the issue.