Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I keep on having this error on my event viewer every time log into the computer.

Errors:

Event 5, CaslWmi

2011/12/01 17:07:15.402|00000404|Error      |[CaslWmi]CommandFolio::A{hpCasl.enReturnCode(int&)}|Error 0xe_BIOS_INVALID_COMMAND_TYPE from BIOS WMI call Read/2Eh while getting Folio state

Event 4, CaslWmi

2011/12/01 17:07:15.231|00000404|Warning    |[CaslWmi]A::A{hpCasl.enReturnCode(object&)}|Error e_BIOS_INVALID_COMMAND_TYPE from BIOS WMI call Command/30h while getting EDID Data

I have also installed the latest drivers and software from HP Support.

Please help me on how to fix this?

Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

To all who have this HP Software Framework Error in the Event Viewer. I have confirmation that the sp56878 from HP fixes this error. I don't know about other models, but for me it worked.

The information about the update:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56501-57000/sp56878.html

The download link:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56501-57000/sp56878.exe

Finally got my problem fixed thanks HP........

I got to thank all of you guys for making my problem get recognize by HP,

Thanks so much,

Sincerely MrPhilipTran

View solution in original post

135 REPLIES 135
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Forum! 🙂

@MrPhilipTran wrote:

Hello,

I keep on having this error on my event viewer every time log into the computer.

Errors:

Event 5, CaslWmi

2011/12/01 17:07:15.402|00000404|Error      |[CaslWmi]CommandFolio::A{hpCasl.enReturnCode(int&)}|Error 0xe_BIOS_INVALID_COMMAND_TYPE from BIOS WMI call Read/2Eh while getting Folio state

Event 4, CaslWmi

2011/12/01 17:07:15.231|00000404|Warning    |[CaslWmi]A::A{hpCasl.enReturnCode(object&)}|Error e_BIOS_INVALID_COMMAND_TYPE from BIOS WMI call Command/30h while getting EDID Data

I have also installed the latest drivers and software from HP Support.

Please help me on how to fix this?

Thank You.

Please identify your notebook by posting the product name/number from the bottom of the HP Support Assistant screen. Also post the installed operating system and version.(32-bit or 64-bit)

I recommend that you uninstall the HP software framework and then reinstall it. Apparently the framework software is having issues reading BIOS information when Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) calls for it.

Kind regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Model: dv6-6102ax

I have uinstalled and reinstalled the HP Software framework, and nothing has changed.

HP Recommended

@MrPhilipTran wrote:

Model: dv6-6102ax

I have uinstalled and reinstalled the HP Software framework, and nothing has changed.

Go to an elevated command prompt:

Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Click on START
2. Type "cmd" (without quotes). Right click the result at the top of the START menu and select "Run as Administrator"

3, Type sfc /scannow in the command line and let the Windows system file checker replace and corrupt or otherwise problematic system files. When it is complete type exit to close the command line and restart your notebook.

Please post your results.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I ran the scan, after it said 'windows did not find any file errors'  on the command prompt, I restarted and the error is still present in the event viewer.

HP Recommended

I print screen what is shown on the Event Viewer if this helps?Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

HP Recommended

@MrPhilipTran wrote:

I ran the scan, after it said 'windows did not find any file errors'  on the command prompt, I restarted and the error is still present in the event viewer.

So you are only seeing this in the event viewer and not every time you login?

regards,

erico

HP Recommended

No, I see this every time I log into windows.

Also I reinstalled the BIOS and no change.

HP Recommended

@MrPhilipTran wrote:

No, I see this every time I log into windows.

Also I reinstalled the BIOS and no change.

Select Windows update and install the .Net framework. In order for the HP support software to operate properly  Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 with Service Pack 1 or later is required to be installed.

You can see what is already installed by selecting View Update history before installing any updates.

Best regards,

erico

HP Recommended

I have a duplicate laptop, and when i installed the latest version of HP Software Framework, I started to get these errors.

And the .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 is aleady installed on my laptop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.