Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I'm totally agree with OzzyKH.

HP Recommended

Microsoft released 17763.194.181203-1758.RS5_RELEASE_SVC_PROD1_CLIENTMULTICOMBINED_UUP_X64FRE_EN-US.iso

Let's call it 1812.

Someone can tell us if a 1812 clean ISO install it's working?

HP Recommended

1809 is now being offered via Windows Update to x360 owners such as myself. Since the update still fails to install, this means anyone with Windows 10 Home (which the laptop comes with) will now be forced to repeatedly install an update that is guaranteed to fail.

Hopefully this now means there's some urgency in fixing this, and maybe consider taking less than 3 months to release a fix next time...

HP Recommended

I can confirm that the F24 bios update does NOT fix the issue.

HP Recommended

I have tried multiple times , I have even rest my 1803 bulid and have tried to update again , all attempts have been a failure 😞 

HP Recommended

Where did you download the F24 Bios from? My system is still showing ver F23. I have tried updating via Device Manager and the HP site but cannot find ver F24.

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

You find the F.24 on

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/detect?source=swd

But like MrPierre wrote, it doesn't solve the problem with 1809. A clean install neither, by the way.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the link. Have at least got the latest Bios but as you say 'no 1809 yet' - I wish HP would atleast communicate with us or give an idea of when we can expect a fix.

HP Recommended

Just recieved this mail from HP. This is not the way forward. I work for MSFT and passing the buck is not good enough. It takes two to tango...It's a joint problem that both parties should be working on to rectify. I bought a HP Laptop not a MSFT one.

Hello,   Thank you for that information. That update is a Windows update and not something that HP has control of. Please refer to Windows as they can provide you with more information on their updates.    Best, TrinitySoMe Executive Escalations Social Media Ambassador CS Americas HP Inc.  Palo Alto CA USA  
HP Recommended
Hello,   Thank you for that information. That update is a Windows update and not something that HP has control of. Please refer to Windows as they can provide you with more information on their updates.    Best, TrinitySoMe Executive Escalations Social Media Ambassador CS Americas HP Inc.  Palo Alto CA USA  
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.