Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I just tried to update again and i am still geting the 0xc1900191 - 0x20017 error. I checked the HP website, support assitent, and windows update for driver updates before i tried. 

I have the 15-CH0XX

HP Recommended

@MrPierre wrote:

Not sure who/what changed but this morning my laptop updated to 1809.

Hi MrPierre, 

Is it 1809 or 19H1?  The reason I ask is that 19H1 build number 18305 was released today.  Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18305.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi all. Since windows released the new pre-release 18305.1 today I am trying that.

When I moved to the Insider Preview Fast Ring I got several updates shown in the attached image. Some of these are intel driver and hp firmware updates that may fix the issue. I am trying the update now and will let everyone know.

2018-12-19 14_38_24-.png

HP Recommended

UPDATE: I am successfully running Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 18305.1

This update came with several driver updates delivered via Windows Update.

I do not have the time to revert to 1803 and try other methods to get a upgrade to 1809 working. I imagine that if you join the Insiders Preview for only the driver and security updates that you may be able to install the new intel and hp drivers via windows update and then update to Windows 10 1809.

HP Recommended

Can confirm the latest insider build works.

Curious whether it's the build or the drivers that fixed it though, since all the driver dates appear to be months old.

HP Recommended

On that my system I am able to install 18298 but 18305 fails to install.

HP Recommended

Does having the TPM chip and BitLocker encryption enabled make a difference does anyone know?

HP Recommended

Ok so I take that back.

The latest insider build installed just fine, but just like all the clean installs i tried in the past, it freezes on the first reboot afterwards. I'm also a bit stuck now as this builds recovery tools don't seem to display or function properly, and no recovery media is offering the option to revert to previous build. So will likely clean install 1803 once again.

I don't recommend you try updating for now lol

HP Recommended

Just got my spectre x360 ch004na yesterday. Same issue here...

HP Recommended

I’m wondering if all of these failed updates have anything to do with how we allow driver updates. My system is set to NOT allow windows update to update drivers. I typically only want OEM to supply them.  Curious as what others are doing here. Those going with the insider release must be allowing WU to manage their drivers...correct?

HP Spectre x360 convertible - 15t-ch000 CTO, product 2FW62AV. Intel (Kaby Lake H) i7-8705G (3.1 - 4.1 GHz, 8MB Cache, 4 Core, + Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics (4GB GDDR)16 GB DDRS-2400 SDRAM , 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD (Toshiba), 15.6 4K IPS, Intel 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo. Windows 10 Pro
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.