Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@Dubfather wrote:

I downloaded it from the intel site & installed it.

Thank you! Good to know. Obviously intel has changed something because the last time I tried that, it wouldn’t allow getting the updated driver even though intel clearly had an updated driver listed on their website. I was given something like “you must get this driver from HP”

HP Spectre x360 convertible - 15t-ch000 CTO, product 2FW62AV. Intel (Kaby Lake H) i7-8705G (3.1 - 4.1 GHz, 8MB Cache, 4 Core, + Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics (4GB GDDR)16 GB DDRS-2400 SDRAM , 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD (Toshiba), 15.6 4K IPS, Intel 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo. Windows 10 Pro
HP Recommended

Search the web for "How to Fix “The Driver Being Installed Is Not Validated For This Computer” on Intel Computers" if you have problems installing it.

DO NOT INSTALL THE NEW DCH DRIVERS THIS WAY THOUGH.

HP Recommended

For those that can't receive the 1809 version, I may have found the reason.  I'm betting that you have Intel HD and Radeon RX Vega Graphics combo in your laptop build.  From what I've been reading, Windows 1809 requires DCH Modern drivers.  Intel is providing them, but AMD is not on board yet.  There is no DCH driver for the Radeon Vega and I think that may be the stumbling block for those of us that can't get the update.  My understanding is that all future versions of windows will require DCH drivers.  If you did get the update, I'm betting your AMD Radeon Vega has been disabled.  

HP Spectre x360 convertible - 15t-ch000 CTO, product 2FW62AV. Intel (Kaby Lake H) i7-8705G (3.1 - 4.1 GHz, 8MB Cache, 4 Core, + Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics (4GB GDDR)16 GB DDRS-2400 SDRAM , 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD (Toshiba), 15.6 4K IPS, Intel 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo. Windows 10 Pro
HP Recommended

@DennyC wrote:

For those that can't receive the 1809 version, I may have found the reason.  I'm betting that you have Intel HD and Radeon RX Vega Graphics combo in your laptop build.  From what I've been reading, Windows 1809 requires DCH Modern drivers.  Intel is providing them, but AMD is not on board yet. If you did get the update, I'm betting your AMD Radeon Vega has been disabled.  

You may very well be right but I'm pretty sure there is something more at play here as well. I've been on 19H1 18305 (1003) since it came out (updated from 18305 1000) and am running the older Intel video driver and the Radeon is not disabled. In testing, I've tried both the newest Intel video driver and have disabled the Radeon in device manager (both with and without the new Intel drivers) and there is no change to the long boot times I've mentioned before. The logs show that there are timeouts during boot (most likely driver issues). They only thing that I have seen that makes any difference in boot times is if the Intel Audio device is enabled or disabled.

Since that driver installs as part of the video driver package I would think the newest version would be better, but so far it isn't. In the warnings for the newer Intel drivers they say specifically not to install it manually but that is the only way to install it on these laptops. I'm betting Intel warns about doing it that way for a reason.

I'm still on 19H1 and it works, but it's a long way from a device that can be relied on. What concerns me the most is that during boot the spinning dots stop as if it is hung more than once. So far it keeps going if you wait long enough but tomorrow it may not. The other concern is that other users in this thread have reported different results than I am getting even on laptops that are the same as mine, or very close.

I know that HP engineers are working with MS engineers to get this figured out. I'm about to reinstall 1803 and stay there until they get all the problems fixed and I know I can depend on 1809 and beyond to work.

I really wish they had the fix now but all we can do is keep calling and emailing HP to keep it a high priority for them to fix it.  For anyone that hasn't opened a support case or 2 with HP about this issue, please do, it's the only way to get this fixed. 

HP Recommended

Sorry but I have the latest intel DCH video driver and also other drivers as updated by intel driver monitor program and yet still 1809 wont install, or rather crashes on last reboot and then restores to the previous version 1803 by default by itself. 

Aslo in windows update there is NO 1809 showing as available so therefore they have not fixed the problems and therefore its not available to upgrade to YET.

My laptop is a HP x360 13-ac052 device. YMMV.

I am he as you are he and we are all together!
HP Recommended

@minsik01 wrote:

Sorry but I have the latest intel DCH video driver and also other drivers as updated by intel driver monitor program and yet still 1809 wont install, or rather crashes on last reboot and then restores to the previous version 1803 by default by itself. 

Aslo in windows update there is NO 1809 showing as available so therefore they have not fixed the problems and therefore its not available to upgrade to YET.

My laptop is a HP x360 13-ac052 device. YMMV.

Does your Spectre have the AMD Radeon Vega graphics driver?  If so, as of now, there is no DCH driver for the Vega.  Intel does list an updated driver on their site, but it's not DCH compliant.  And add to that, they are listing it as BETA. AMD, from what I've read, has not endorsed the DCH modern drivers.  Until they do, my belief is that MS has blacklisted our machines since they have stated that DCH drivers are required for the 1809 update.  On the other hand, if your machine has the Nvidia graphics option, and still won't upgrade, well I guess I need to punt as I'm out of ideas.

HP Recommended

My vega driver is DCH

1.gif2.gif

HP Recommended

Our machines are not blacklisted, my Spectre x360 - 15-ch002nc is still showing 1809 update ready for install, and now windows update tried to install it by force outside active hours.... those stupids in HP should be kicked to ass every 10 minutes!

HP Recommended

Posted on r/Hewlett_Packard in hopes someone from HP who can help will see there. Please go upvote!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Hewlett_Packard/comments/ab4m9i/hp_spectre_x360_15tch0xx_windows_10_1809_ar...

HP Recommended

@Dubfather wrote:

My vega driver is DCH

1.gif2.gif

I did see this driver listed at Intel's site, but it didn't list it as DCH.  It only listed it as BETA.  At that point, I declined to even download it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.