Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

The Vega Drivers on Intel´s Site was all "Beta" so i think that is not even the problem. But i i take a look at the Picture of your Details i got aware that the "VGA BIOS UEFI Support" is not marked.

For the Intel HD 630 it is marked. Maybe this is why the Update to 1809 gets an Error.

"Update failed in thesafe_os phase with an error during boot"

HP Recommended

I don't think the Vega drivers have UEFI support, only the Intel drivers need it. If someone could run TechPowerUp on a HP driver I would be interested in the result.

HP Recommended

Here it is on my HP Spectre x360 15-ch070:

Intel HD 630.JPG

HP Recommended

I can't see the image for some reason, on another note my Windows Insider Preview updated to 18309.1000 today, with no problems, boot time is normal at about 20 seconds.  the only thing that I've noticed that doesn't work is Night Light mode, which is a known issue.

HP Recommended

@Dubfather wrote:

Having talked to support, they told me to wait until the update shows in windows update, then it will work, he couldn't give me a time scale when it will be available, but hopefully soon. https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-october-update-problems-wiped-docs-plus-intel-driver-warnin...

just read this and then checked my hp x360 13-ac053 laptop and the file exists in exactly this version number. So it appears we are still waiting for Microsoft to make an update...

I am he as you are he and we are all together!
HP Recommended

Windows update 18309 finally installed sucessfully but I get a warning from device manager that Windows cannot verify the signature for my my Radeon driver.

HP Recommended

@MrPierre how did u get the update ? did it come through Windows update ? 

HP Recommended

I'm a member of the Windows Insider program.

HP Recommended

Ho ok ! Yes Insider bulids are getting instealled, i was hoping it was the RTM bulid .

HP Recommended

Interestingly I also tried 18309 today and while it installed fine, rebooting afterwards causes the freeze once again and makes it unbootable. Got a system image to restore this time at least.

Also worth noting that becoming an insider is currently also offering me a synaptics driver, which completely breaks my touchpad until i reinstall the hp ones. This might be because I've done the precision driver trick, but there it is anyway.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.