Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@Christof65 wrote:

Here it is on my HP Spectre x360 15-ch070:

Intel HD 630.JPG

Christof65 - how did you end up with this driver.  I missed this the first time around and have been reviewing the different posts here and realized that your Intel HD 630 driver is very recent.  How or where did you get it?  Thanks in advance.

HP Spectre x360 convertible - 15t-ch000 CTO, product 2FW62AV. Intel (Kaby Lake H) i7-8705G (3.1 - 4.1 GHz, 8MB Cache, 4 Core, + Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics (4GB GDDR)16 GB DDRS-2400 SDRAM , 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD (Toshiba), 15.6 4K IPS, Intel 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo. Windows 10 Pro
HP Recommended

@DennyC wrote:

I missed this the first time around and have been reviewing the different posts here and realized that your Intel HD 630 driver is very recent.  How or where did you get it? 

@DennyC

You can get the driver from:  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28515/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=128199.   DCH 25.20.100.6519 released: 1/17/2019.  Be sure to read all of the warnings on that page. But in short this will not install unless you do it manually which it specifically says not to do.  HP has to 'certify' and release it as an update for these laptops. 

If you do install it manually it still doesn't fix the issue with 1809, which requires a specific driver version that does not work on these laptops. The 1809 update process installs that specific driver version even if you have installed a newer driver.  5+ months of this (including windows insider updates) and they STILL can't make it work. . .

HP Recommended

Hi there! Bad news everyone ... 

Last week I've took notebook to service center (pen wasn't able to draw straight line in left part of screen) and tried to make service to install October update or refund money.

So service center told me, that HP's official response was that they're not responsible if windows cannot be installed even if they tell us notebook is compatible  Even more they are not responsible if any official driver don't work

So, now we know that Hp is responsible only for hardware and if we won't get new windows it's only our problem  

I'm sorry 😞

HP Recommended

@Dls22000 wrote:

@DennyC wrote:

I missed this the first time around and have been reviewing the different posts here and realized that your Intel HD 630 driver is very recent.  How or where did you get it? 

@DennyC

You can get the driver from:  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28515/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=128199.   DCH 25.20.100.6519 released: 1/17/2019.  Be sure to read all of the warnings on that page. But in short this will not install unless you do it manually which it specifically says not to do.  HP has to 'certify' and release it as an update for these laptops. 

If you do install it manually it still doesn't fix the issue with 1809, which requires a specific driver version that does not work on these laptops. The 1809 update process installs that specific driver version even if you have installed a newer driver.  5+ months of this (including windows insider updates) and they STILL can't make it work. . .

@Dls22000 - Thanks for that link and info.  I have been using the Intel Update Assistant, but interestly it tells me that my HD-630 graphics driver (non DCH) is up to date  and which is the original one dated back last February 28, 2018.  i did receive a new DCH driver for the Vega though.  It is a darn shame that HP can't get their ducks in a row.  Frustrating to no end. Grrrrr.

HP Spectre x360 convertible - 15t-ch000 CTO, product 2FW62AV. Intel (Kaby Lake H) i7-8705G (3.1 - 4.1 GHz, 8MB Cache, 4 Core, + Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics (4GB GDDR)16 GB DDRS-2400 SDRAM , 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD (Toshiba), 15.6 4K IPS, Intel 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo. Windows 10 Pro
HP Recommended

@RumataEstorish wrote:

Hi there! Bad news everyone ... 

Last week I've took notebook to service center (pen wasn't able to draw straight line in left part of screen) and tried to make service to install October update or refund money.

So service center told me, that HP's official response was that they're not responsible if windows cannot be installed even if they tell us notebook is compatible  Even more they are not responsible if any official driver don't work

So, now we know that Hp is responsible only for hardware and if we won't get new windows it's only our problem  

I'm sorry 😞

Do you still believe service center lies about warranty? 🙂 In my country (Czech republic) there is warranty by law (2 years). If service center refuse (and they often do as lot of people dont know their rights) only court can decide - and in this case I think we will won. And then HP have to pay all your expenses (lawyer, review etc.).... 

HP Recommended

I thin the answer the support centre gave you is their default response to things like this. When i've tried to update the drivers directly from the Intel site it gives me the message 'Your hardware vendor has made custom changes to these driver - Pls contact them for further driver support' (or words to that effect).

That would indicate that HP are responsible. Has anyone on this growing thread had any further contact with support or a manager about a potential release date? Even if it's just to acknowledge this issue and they are working on a fix etc,

we're now 3 weeks into January and still no news.

HP Recommended

@zorch1t wrote:

Has anyone on this growing thread had any further contact with support or a manager about a potential release date? Even if it's just to acknowledge this issue and they are working on a fix etc,

we're now 3 weeks into January and still no news.

I've spoken with a senior engineer and a manager last week. They both assured me they are working on it. 

I hope everyone reading this is opening support tickets by phone, opening chats with HP, Microsoft, Intel, and AMD. If you want it fixed, complain. Demand a manager callback. So far it isn't fixed in 19H1 either. HP may or may not read what you post here, but don't count on it.

As far as the the post about what the "service center" may have said, its probably just troll bait but even if true, what a service center employee (who may or may not be employed directly by HP) says is really not the point. If you accept that, then it's on you. Make some noise and don't just accept "it's not our problem" from some tech that doesn't know what they are talking about. You're the customer, it's your money.

HP Recommended

@Dls22000 - Thanks for that link and info.  I have been using the Intel Update Assistant, but interestly it tells me that my HD-630 graphics driver (non DCH) is up to date  and which is the original one dated back last February 28, 2018.  i did receive a new DCH driver for the Vega though.  It is a darn shame that HP can't get their ducks in a row.  Frustrating to no end. Grrrrr.

You need to install a non DCH driver first to unchain the drivers from the HP Branding. After this IUA will work and update to the latest DCH driver.

How did you get the Vega DCH driver to work? I can not install AMD drivers

HP Recommended

Hi Danwal

This driver let you to install the DHC AMD drivers. https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28432/a08/GFX_Radeon_Win10_64_18.12.2.exe

But mind, Windows 1809 install will fail with this drivers, too.

Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics.jpgIntel HD Graphics 630.jpg

HP Recommended

Drivers are not the problem, the bug is in the OS in the SAFE_BOOT phase, R&D is working on a firmware fix for this

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.