Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I just got of the phone with tech support, they have no idea what they're doing.  I've talked to three different techs and two managers in the past week, and none of them are telling me the same story.  The first guy said he's fixed this problem in the past, then the next guy tells me that HP has no solution but should have one in the next 10 days.

The best part was when they tried to register my laptop for the Windows Insider program.  I told them I need this laptop to be stable and I didn't want any windows updates that weren't ready for wide distribution.  I mean it's not like Microsoft recently pushed out an update that deleted files or anything!  The tech completely ignored my concerns and I had to kick him off my machine to stop him from completing the Windows Insider registration.

At his point I don't have any faith in HP to fix this issue.  I know I didn't pay for a highend laptop to run an outdated OS!  This is probably the last HP laptop I'll ever buy; I won't be recommending HP to anyone I know; and I'll be recommending against HP for the next hardware refresh we do at my employer's.

HP Recommended

I said it few pages back, I´ll say it next time.

R&D is working with MSFT on a fix, I really don´t know what´s the rush to 1809 version, same thing happened with Intel SSDs on 1803 and everyone sang the same song as post above me.

Just in case anyone missed it

FIRMWARE FIX IS IN THE WORKS

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with hp spectre x360 ch000 cto computer will stuck at boot hp logo if update or clean install 1809 win 10 version, hp should release bios update, also product support page drivers are too old and dupplicated, hp should make product drivers page more accurate and up todate.

HP Recommended

A softpaq with update BIOS that fixes the 1809 installation will be out in the next week or so.

Source: Me. I helped pushed this issue with the x360 team and got confirmation today. 🙂

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
HP Recommended

For everyone that has been waiting 5+ months, the F.25 bios fixes the issue with the 1809 update.  

The engineer that I have been working with at HP was able to get the update for me to test.  I don't know when it will be posted to the support site for download but I would guess pretty soon.   

I've had no issues while reinstalling and using all the applications on the laptop (I did a clean install).  Visual Studio, Photoshop, Office 365, SQL Server 2017, SQL Management Studio and Blender are all working fine so I would have to say that this bios resolves the issue.  As frustrating as it has been waiting, HP pulled through in the end. 

HP Recommended

@Dls22000 wrote:

For everyone that has been waiting 5+ months, the F.25 bios fixes the issue with the 1809 update.  

The engineer that I have been working with at HP was able to get the update for me to test.  I don't know when it will be posted to the support site for download but I would guess pretty soon.   

I've had no issues while reinstalling and using all the applications on the laptop (I did a clean install).  Visual Studio, Photoshop, Office 365, SQL Server 2017, SQL Management Studio and Blender are all working fine so I would have to say that this bios resolves the issue.  As frustrating as it has been waiting, HP pulled through in the end. 

Upload the F.25 BIOS anonymously somewhere and share the link with us! Thanks!

HP Recommended

HP has posted the new BIOS update (F.25 Rev A).  If the HP Support Assistant doesn't see it, just go to the Support and Downloads page and you should be able to download it from there.

HP Spectre x360 convertible - 15t-ch000 CTO, product 2FW62AV. Intel (Kaby Lake H) i7-8705G (3.1 - 4.1 GHz, 8MB Cache, 4 Core, + Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics (4GB GDDR)16 GB DDRS-2400 SDRAM , 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD (Toshiba), 15.6 4K IPS, Intel 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo. Windows 10 Pro
HP Recommended

Thank you for letting us know. Have just flashed the BIOS and now onto Win Update to see if 1809 will install.

A huge thanks to everyone on this thread that highlighted the issue and made this happen. It's been great speaking with some of you. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for letting us know it was out. I have flashed it and started the prosses of updating my laptop. The October update was not available when i tried to use the windows update in settings so i am using the media creation tool to attempt an upgrade. Will let you all know if I have any problems. 

If not it has been nice chatting with you all!

HP Recommended

Finally my Spectre runs on 1809. Thank you all! Especially IMaxx, Dls2000, DennyC and others involved, pushing HP to update the BIOS.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.