Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I had to re-partition my hard drive & re-install Windows (11).  I now seem not to have any of the pre-installed drivers.  When I look in HP Support's Software & Drivers page, it says there are no drivers available for my OS whether I select Win 11 or 10.  Where are the drivers?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the support page for your notebook.

HP Spectre Folio 13-ak0000 Laptop PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

HP only has W10 drivers for it.

What I recommend you do is to use the HP cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook and then upgrade back to W11.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility.  You will need a 32 GB USB flash drive for this.

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool in Windows 11 and 10 | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Thanks for taking the time to answer. Unfortunately, I don't believe that is a viable solution. 

The support page for simply says the Folio is out of warranty and no drivers are available whether I tell it I am using Windows 11 or Windows 10.

And, I tried doing the cloud recovery before posting the above request for drivers.  The cloud recovery tool says that my product ID (54A68AS#ABA) is not supported by the tool.  I even tried picking a similar Spectre 13 which is supported (taking a chance that the HW is the same under the skin).  The recovery tool let me the bootable USB but when I tried executing it, it said the recovery image was not correct for my laptop and could not be executed (just offered an OK button to close the app, no way to run it anyway).

If you are aware of a different Folio 13 product ID that the tool will allow me to execute, I'm happy to try again?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The Cloud recovery tool is unforgiving.  If the product number doesn't match it won't work.

But I don't understand why you are getting no drivers available on the link I posted.

When I click on the link, I get a full set of W10 drivers.   

There are no W11 drivers for your notebook, and since your specific model is not supported by the cloud recovery tool, use the Microsoft media creation tool and create a bootable W10 USB installation flash drive, use the W10 drivers and then upgrade back to W11.

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1653569445043.png

Here is the link to the W10 media creation tool...

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.