Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp spectre x360 15-bl100x
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, so I have this problem,  my laptop doesnt turn off. When you press "turn off", after a couple of seconds it turns on.

Its out of warranty. I have been tried a lot of thing suggested by google:

-un-tick "Automatically download Windows Media Center data between the following time

-Un-tick "Allow this device to wake the computer"

-Even did a complete disc format, and the problem persist.

PD. The only way of turning it off is forceing it.

Model. HP Spectre x360 15-bl100x

S.O Windows 10

BIOS. F.40

thank you in advance

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@andrea39 I suggest the following steps and check if that helps.

Try performing the System restore a previous date well before the update was installed and check if that helps: click here for steps

You can also try the below: 

a) Start –> All Programs –> Accessories –> right click on Command Prompt -> select "Run as Administrator". Type net stop wuauserv to stop Windows Update Service. 
Wait till you get : The windows update service was stopped successfully. " (DO NOT CLOSE COMMAND PROMPT). 

b) - Go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution 
- Delete all files in "DataStore" folder 
- Delete all files in "Download" folder. 

c) In the Command prompt window, type net start wuauserv to start Windows Update service. 
Restart your computer and try to get update again (this should fix the issue permanently). 

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the feedback, but saddly didnt work

HP Recommended

@andrea39 If both the suggestions didn't work, I suggest you create a new user account and check if that works, 

Also, if you have more than one anti-virus program installed, please remove one as that is known to cause such issues.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.