Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

HP Spectre x360 13.5 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 14-ef0000 (3Y838AV)

On 05.16.2024 my Spectre x360 mad two HP updates under windows update. After that my specter did not com up again. It initialized until the sing in window and then after about 10 s it switched to blue screen with this message SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION / iacamera64.sys.

All tries to fix this did not work until now. Even a new installation of Windows 11 ended in this blue screen with back switch to the privies configuration.

Help would be great! Many thanks! Leibundgut

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If thru the "Norton Driver Updater" the driver „HP True Vision 5MP Camera“ has been updated, then I had the following “blue screen problem”:

After starting, the „HP Spectre x360 Laptop 16-f2799nz“ initialized until the “login window”. Then after about 5 – 10 seconds it changed to “blue screen” with the information: „SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXETION / iacamera64.sys“.

The solution I could find in the “recovery tool” with going back to the previous configuration.

Leibundgut

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

When you performed a new installation of Windows 11, was it by use of an HP Cloud Recovery USB installer?

You can download the HP Cloud Recovery Client software from the Microsoft store.

Have you used the HP Hardware Diagnostics UEFI Utility to test the camera?

Power on and immediately tap the F2 key, then click on component tests. Find the video camera test and run it.

Have you gone to the support portal for your laptop and use the software and drivers section to update your drivers?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/hp-spectre-x360-13.5-inch-2-in-1-laptop-pc-14-ef0000/model/2100...

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Many thanks Erico 

At last, I could find, that the Norton driver updater made a change on the 05.16.2024. Under recovery I could go back to the previous version and now my “hp specter” works again.

Leibundgut

HP Recommended

You're welcome!

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

If thru the "Norton Driver Updater" the driver „HP True Vision 5MP Camera“ has been updated, then I had the following “blue screen problem”:

After starting, the „HP Spectre x360 Laptop 16-f2799nz“ initialized until the “login window”. Then after about 5 – 10 seconds it changed to “blue screen” with the information: „SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXETION / iacamera64.sys“.

The solution I could find in the “recovery tool” with going back to the previous configuration.

Leibundgut

HP Recommended

Ok...I have struggled with this on two of my HP machines. One is an older Spectre 2-n-1 tablet. The other is a brand new Spectre x360 2-n-1 Laptop 16-f2xxx. In both cases, the problem started when I updated drivers with Norton. There are 3 drivers which seem to interplay. 
- HP Tru Vision 5MP Camera (Device Description value is: Intel(R) AVStream Camera. This device is listed in Device Manger under Cameras and relies on the next one.

- HP True Vision 5MP Camera...yes...it has an 'e' on True. This device is listed under System Devices. (Device Description value: Camera Sensor HI556)

- HP IR Camera. This device is listed under System Devices in Device Manager. (Device Description value: Camera Sensor OG0VA1B).

Norton wants to update all three of these at the same time. My advice....Tell Norton to IGNORE THESE DRIVERS...or else you will likely do the 'right' thing out of habit and click to update a mass of drivers and get these three corrupted.

If you have the BSOD, here is what worked for me...it may work for you.

1. Boot up into Safe Mode

2. Open Device Manager

3. For each of the 3 devices listed above, click to UNINSTALL THE DEVICE and select to remove the drivers.

4. Reboot (you should not have a BSOD this time)

5. Open Device Manager again

6. Look under Cameras and see if the HP True Vision (with an 'e' in true) is showing. Look under System Devices for HP IR Camera, HP True Vision 5MP Camera and Intel(R) Camera Flash LED. If these are NOT showing then click Action>Scan for Hardware Changes.

7 All these devices should be found, installed and connected to the proper version driver.

8. Cross your fingers and hope that this works for you too....

The Versions of Drivers I am using are as follows...note they are the note "Latest" versions Norton reports.

= Cameras / HP True Vision 5MP Camera - 63.22000.3.12449 dated 5/11/2023

= System devices / HP True Vision 5MP Camera - 63.22000.9198.1 dated 9/26/2022

= System devices / HP IR Camera - 63.22000.12449.1 dated 5/25/2023

= System devices / Intel(R) Camera Flash LED - 63.22000.3.12449 dated 5/11/2023

Note that the last drivers seem to be from the same batch 63.22000. This indicates interplay/interdependence between them. Given that the Camera driver requires these two system level drivers to work, there must be some problem if you get a 'stack' of these drivers which don't work together.

When I used the HP True Vision 5MP Camera  64.25982.13.15387 dated 3/17/2024 with the others at the 63.22000 level...I either got a BOSD or the system booted but the camera was unavailable to apps...although it showed fine in DevMgr

There is likely a new updated 'stack' but I don't have time to figure that out.

HP ARE YOU LISTENING????? WE NEED SOME HELP HERE.....COORDINATE WITH NORTON and the other vendors to get this right. THIS ISSUE IS UNACCEPTABLE. CAN YOU SAY, "ESCALATION!!!!"? BTW...you DON'T even list the Camera drivers on the HP Support page for my device!!

IN the future, for the drivers in question, I will be updating them periodically through Device Manager directly.  If you are new to Device Manager, here is how you check for driver updates manually. 

1. Open Device Manager

2. Pick the device you wish to check for updates

3. Right click and click Properties

4. Click the Driver tab

5. Click the 'Update Driver' button. This will check directly with the manufacturer of the device for any suggested driver update.

This check normally is not just based on the Date or Version of the driver, but includes consideration of the dependencies and interplay between drivers. (Ex. if you have the versions of drivers I list above and take these actions in Dev Manager...you will not be provided and updated driver version, even though there are newer ones...because they are not recommended/supported for your system configuration. Norton and Driver Easy seem to only go off the data/version numbers)

Hope this helps. This one drove me batty and the answers I have been seeing are just too shallow (hit the BRS, reinstall, roll back...). Please reply if this works for YOU. If we get enough replies, we may be able to get the vendors to take some action to save us all time and headache. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.