Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I haven't had any problems with this laptop that I use every day until just yesterday (just past warranty of course) it seems to not charge or do anything- cannot turn this PC on.

It seems strange from reading here that a bunch of these models, right after warranty, seemed to have bad motherboards.

Has anyone had any luck with reasonable fixes?

Thanks in advance for any help.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @tleaf45,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned below:

Follow this link and performe a hard reset. 🙂

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response.

It stopped working overnight 2 days ago- I noticed the LED where the charge port plugs in does not light up when plugged in- I have checked the charger and wall outlet which are good.   Last night I did notice the LED stay lit but everytime I pushe the power button it goes dark and does not boot or do anything.

Before this as in last few days (so it's not likely the battery) , the battery and computer were perfect, I could use for hours on the battery not plugged in. 

Now, the laptop does not turn on or respond to the power button- it's basically dead.  I have tried the hard reset already.

From what I am reading, many Spectre x360 owners are experiencing the failure of the motherboards?   This laptop is less than 2 years old so it's quite frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Hi @tleaf45,

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

If that's the case, I'd request you to contact HP's phone support team for further assistance.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Enter Product number or select to auto detect.Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options".

Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Best regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks - but thats' the point many of these Spectre x360 systems are failing just after the warranty is up.....

HP Recommended

Hi @tleaf45,

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Jup same issue since today and also just 2 years after buying the darn machine.. like within a week spot on, almost like it's an intentional defect!

I'm sorry HP I've been a loyal customer for atleast 10 years now but i think it's time to move on to some more quality now since this just seemed to be dropped allot over the years.

Ffs this is so sad, i even payed a premium on my last hp spectre x360 and actually payed more than i ever would for a machine for my needs.. this is so sad.

Know what's even worse? I've wrote all this from my 7 year old HP Pavilion that didn't fail me once since day one omfg..

Allright the anger has settled a bit and I have to add that HP was kind enough to handle my problem and created an exception in regards to their waranty policy for my device, they'll get it fixed for me for no additional costs so that's just great!

Now let's hope once the machine's back it can atleast get through another 2 years of normal use and i might just stick with HP only because of the top service i've always had from HP even when i got angry sometimes..

Didn't have many issues with HP over the years but whenever i had they always helped me out they deserve a huge thumbs up on service in my experience that's for sure!

HP Recommended

Hi! @MDev,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Regards

A4Apollo

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.