Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp "Stream"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I received the Blue Screen of Death...stop code: Critical Process DIED...I know. I have no flash drive and I am in Oklahoma, so maybe next year on that? This notebook hasn't a DVD drive. I have a good fresh ISO image and EasyBCD. I partitioned a new segment I named "Q", and moved the ISO files along with a boot win source  tool. I'm terrified to try booting from my Desktop since I cannot find a viable connection between the two, HP Pavilooion PC and HP Stream noebook that is. They are sitting right next to eachother? Can comeone help me. I have every imaginable cord. I have logitech USB wireless Plugis I BELIEVE might proide connecivity? Can I just use an ethernet connection from my linksys router? 

Doctoral Student, the only thing scarier is an engineer with a plan!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@DrRoryWittDCS

Welcome to HP Community

I suggest you run an Extensive System Test first to confirm the Hardware Functionality

- Shut down the Notebook completely
- Turn it back on, then tap the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup menu screen is displayed.
- Press F2 to select System Diagnostics.
- Click System Tests, then click Extensive Test.

If all the Tests pass, please contact HP Support to order the USB Recovery Media to reload the Notebook back to Factory Settings

Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you and have a great day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Did I mention, HP "boat anchor" er, I mean Notebook, stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, No DVD on notebook, and no flash drive within like a bazillion miles? Oh yeah, notebook will not enter safe mode, even if promised a $10M signon bonus, F4, F5 , F6...NOT. If I value my time "labor" as supersceded teh total value of everything...Advanced repair options...NOT, Attempted to scrub everything, files and all, just to get a fresh start...NOT? Where did I go wrong? Please don't say, offering to help a fellow student...I'm pretty certain I am morally obliged to at least hit all the normal buttons? HELP???

HP Recommended

@DrRoryWittDCS

Welcome to HP Community

I suggest you run an Extensive System Test first to confirm the Hardware Functionality

- Shut down the Notebook completely
- Turn it back on, then tap the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup menu screen is displayed.
- Press F2 to select System Diagnostics.
- Click System Tests, then click Extensive Test.

If all the Tests pass, please contact HP Support to order the USB Recovery Media to reload the Notebook back to Factory Settings

Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you and have a great day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Outstanding work, Krazy...I think not? Well done. I am unable to attempt the  "Extensive System Test" yet I am certain, it shall reveal al my maladies. I only wish, with my limited means to provide my daughter a method for classroom notation that is not so cumbersome. The symptoms I discussed lead me to believe there is much "rotten in Denmark" but until I have the unit back iin hand...well. Stiil, please alow me to thank you for helping me to resolve this connundrum. I will certainly post my findings. To my precious daughter all technology is powered by some evil "Old Man Behind the Curtain" practicing some Voodoo hex. "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" (Clarke, Arthur C., (1961).Profiles of The Future. (Clarke's third law)

HP Recommended

@DrRoryWittDCS

That's really a beautiful Quote. 😄

Do visit our HP Community and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.