Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Stream 11
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have a HP stream which i brought because if its small size as i have to travel alot. The only thing i use it for is MS office i,e, word, excell and power point. Outlook and google searches. I dont store anything on the device itself, i use a USB. The only software i have loaded was windows 365.

When i got it i asked in the shop if with only 32GB storage it would be compatable with windows 365 applications. The guy said it would be fine.

Now my device is totally full, i cant do anything, i cant even get MS to connect remotely to sort out an outlook issue as there is no space left. 

I have cleared as much as i can, I see from some other posts thats you can mess about in the system settings but i dont know much about these things and i dont want to make it worse. I still have 5 months warrranty on it. 

As a few other people have said, at present this is an expensive paper weight!

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

@Bean13

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Unfortunately, since the 32GB SSD is not expandable, there is not much you can do to recover any space.

Here are a couple of threads that might help:

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3012-disk-cleanup-open-use-windows-10-a.html

http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-clean-up-winsxs-folder-in-windows-10/

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

But the only thing i have loaded onto it is MS office!

No stored files/photos/

Surley HP have not designed a laptop which cant work with MS office.

This laptop is now totally useless! 

Thanks HP i certainly wont be back!

HP Recommended

Win10 does automatic updates, and some of those are very large and they all use up space on the drive.

The links I provided allow you to remove some of that space and recover it.

IF you won't even try those, then I can't help you.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks alot for your help. 

Ill give them ago.

Fingers crossed!

HP Recommended

Hi @Bean13

In addition to what @WAWood posted, you may want to read this thread and follow the steps (or just learn more about the situation) >> here >>  http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/New-HP-stream-out-of-disc-space-...

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Thank you. ill give it a go.

HP Recommended

Ok, i tried the disk clean up and it managed to free up about 80MB. i was hoping that this would be enough so i could get Microsoft to do some diagnosis remotely both on the storage issue and also on an isue i have with outlook.

By the time i tried to connect, C drive was full again.......................

Is this normal? 

HP Recommended

@Bean13 wrote:

Ok, i tried the disk clean up and it managed to free up about 80MB. i was hoping that this would be enough so i could get Microsoft to do some diagnosis remotely both on the storage issue and also on an isue i have with outlook.

By the time i tried to connect, C drive was full again.......................

Is this normal? 

Well, it is not normal but could be if you (or Windows) downloaded and ran something in the mean time.

I suggest you should forget temporary about Microsoft and their diagnostics because you have bigger problem - without space you cannot do much.

Once you read the suggestions (here), free up some space (about 5-6 MB) to download/run TreeSize free.

Run it as administrator and perform scan of the entire C.

By default it will show you the results with the top folders that contain most data per size.

Expand them one by one and take screenshots >> https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Please, post back the screenshots so that I could advise what to delete.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

thanks for the info. 

I will give it a go but i am not sure how i will free up 5GB in the first place. 

Its full full full !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.