Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Spent 90 mins trying to sort this out on DD's Hp last night.

I seemd to grab back 2GB by compressing and removing old system restores. Will try above suggestions tonight.

On looking in C drive I saw that 'user' and 'windows properties' had 5GB and 19GB in them. Basically the whole memory. Any way I can get in there and delete anything? And what about the 7GB sitting there partioned off. Can I expand the 21GB working memory into any of that?

HP Recommended
This is the bidders POS computer I have ever seen. It is totally useless and was designed as a get rich quick scheme. This computer came with a Microsoft word trial that I now cannot use since the computer is out of space and it requires an update to function.
I'm going to contact my lawyer
HP Recommended
*biggest
HP Recommended

[edit] I was forced to install Linux on my HP Stream 11 and buy a Lenovo Thinkpad for Windows. What amazes me most is HP is still selling newer versions of mine, still with 32GB of disk space.

HP Recommended

C drive.JPGWindows folder.JPGI think I have compressed all the folders in C drive. I installed TreeSize and here is the scan result of C drive.  There is only 5.14GB left and it is not enough to install new updates (8GB min). What should I do now?

HP Recommended

@pjc123 wrote:
I figured it was only a matter of time before there was a class action lawsuit. I was forced to install Linux on my HP Stream 11 and buy a Lenovo Thinkpad for Windows. What amazes me most is HP is still selling newer versions of mine, still with 32GB of disk space.

HP.

Lenovo.

Dell.

The big 3, all sell Windows 10 laptops with 32 GB of disk space.

As a matter of fact, I just bought a Lenovo Ideapad 120S on Black Friday with 32 GB of disk space.

You basically cannot install many programs. Keep all your data files on the SD card.

HP Recommended
[edit]
HP Recommended
[edit]

Dell, ASUS, Lenovo, HP all still sell laptops with 32 GB hard drives. There may be others.

Anyway, they're useable if you bother to learn how to use them.

HP Recommended

Hello, 

Thank you for contacting HP. Apologies for the frustration you are having. I am happy to assist. 
I would like some additional information so I can research this issue and determine the best way to assist you over social media. 

Please confirm the all the following, and fill in any blank fields:

Customer First and Last Name: 
 Contact Number: 
 Email Address: 
 Mailing Address: 
 Serial Number: 
 Product Name: 
 Product Number:
 Description of Issue: 

Best regards,

MarcusSoMe 
Executive Escalations
Social Media Ambassador
CS Americas
HP Inc. 
Palo Alto
CA
USA

I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.