Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-c0000 (343L4AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Just got my Windows 11 Omen 16 back from repair yesterday, powered it up and let it run Windows Update. One of the updates took it from 21H2 to 22H2. Today, the HP Support Assistant had notifications for new drivers, and when I checked them, the detail states they are for Windows 10. Can I just ignore these, as for the first one, my version is higher than 1038 and I don't even have the second one (or at least can't find it in Device Manager).

Also, how can I provide feedback to HP about the HP Support Assistant?

HP Omen 16 - Updates.png

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

The Realtek Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers are good for W10 and W11.

I have not yet seen a Realtek Wi-Fi/Bluetooth driver specifically for W11.

These drivers are even newer than what the HPSA is notifying you about:

Wi-Fi:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp142001-142500/sp142328.exe 

Bluetooth:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp142001-142500/sp142149.exe 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info. Turns out the drivers I currently have are more recent that the ones you linked to. My Bluetooth one is version 1.9.1051.3003 and the Wi-Fi one (can't believe I missed it yesterday) is version 6001.10.350.0 dated 01/06/2022.

This is why I find it odd that the HPSA is suggesting these two drivers when mine are more uptodate, and why I was looking for some way to provide feedback to HP about it.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Is there an option on the HP support assistant to do that?

If not, unfortunately I wouldn't know how to contact HP regarding errors with the HPSA.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately not. The only thing it has is a feedback option, but that only allows a star rating and a comment. I've filled it in and gave as much detail as I can, but unless there are hidden fields that it also sends back to HP like email address and serial number of the laptop, I doubt it is worthwhile. I'm just going to ignore the drivers in the meantime.

HP Recommended

Isn't there a way to not have those drivers show up in the HPSA?

I seem to recall if I didn't want a driver update to install or show up, I checked the box next to the update and had the option to ignore/discard it.

I don't have any HP PC's that are pending driver updates right now, but I am pretty sure that there is a way to not have those two driver updates listed every time you launch the HPSA.

I definitely used an option like that to ignore any pending BIOS updates, as I prefer to do those manually.

HP Recommended

Thanks. I tend to just click on the top button to install all the updates listed, but just had a proper look at the options available, and yes, you can delete them from the list.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.