Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! I could not find Russian-language technical support, so I will contact the English-speaking one. So, today my laptop started up in 20 seconds (fortunately, this rarely happens to me). But what happened next: USB devices began to fail. In the Windows Device Manager, I saw that the HP Radio Manager Device did not start. I tried to turn off the laptop but it didn't turn off after shutting down Windows 10. I had to hold down the power button to turn it off. Then I turned it on again, and the laptop started up without problems. I decided to check for updates through HP Support Assistant and this is what I got:

https://ibb.co/drrqC43

I checked for viruses using Dr Web Cureit, turned off Kaspersky - it's useless. Now I decided to check for corrupted system files through the command line using the "sfc /scannow" command, and while the check was in progress, I decided to check for updates again through HPSA. And here is the result:

And here is the result of the SFC check:

https://ibb.co/bgwP4R4 

I also checked the HP Radio Manager Device - it also works fine.

Because of what it could be? Have any of you encountered a problem?

EDIT 20:13: Now I again decided to check for updates through HPSA - again it does not find them.

https://ibb.co/rFnzL9y 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

This really is the English language forum where a number of us speak multiple languages. Unfortunately, Russian is not one of mine, so reading what is in the videos is a no go for me.

Have you considered restoring your PC to a  restore point dated from before you were having issues?

Remember to save your important files to an external disk for safekeeping.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I did not have any restore points created before the problem.

HP Recommended

I decided yesterday to try reinstalling HPSA and HPSSF, but it only got worse: the laptop connected to your servers and collected information, but besides downloading update definitions and preparing a list of actions, it could not analyze the system. Checked for updates again this morning and here is the result:

Maybe it's a problem with your servers? What do i do? Or should it be?

I will not be able to change the interface to English, since I live in Russia.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I understand your not being able to change the interface, but your English certainly seems fluent enough for you to be able to translate line-by-line.  I can do that in Spanish and Dutch. You probably speak more languages than I do.

If the OS repair tools won't fix the OS your options are becoming limited.

As I see it, you do have options, but the one that is most likely to resolve your issue will involve recovering the OS by the HP Cloud recovery and then reinstalling all of your programs and apps. Make sure and copy your critical and important files and documents to an external storage device.

A hyperlink to the HP Cloud  Recover utility web document is below. When you input in your product/serial number while going through the recovery process, the utility will know which language and OS version to install.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

You will need to install an web and antiviral product. Personally, I have used ESET Internet protection suite for about eleven years and have never had any issues.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

"If the OS repair tools won't fix the OS your options are becoming limited.

As I see it, you do have options, but the one that is most likely to resolve your issue will involve recovering the OS by the HP Cloud recovery and then reinstalling all of your programs and apps. Make sure and copy your critical and important files and documents to an external storage device."

Is it possible to restore Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool? It's just that I have the latest version of Windows 10 21H2, and instead of HP Cloud Recovery Tool, I have HP Recovery Manager dated 2018. I'm afraid it won't be compatible with the new version of Windows. Laptop purchased in 2020.

HP Recommended

Yes.

You can restore the OS with the HP recovery manager and avoid using the HP Cloud Recovery if you choose to do that. It will install Windows 10 and then you can upgrade to Windows 11 if you choose.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.