Highlighted
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP X360 caps lock blinks 2x short 2x long

HP Recommended
paviljon 11-k120nd

When I downloaded and installed the new firmware for the BIOS the screen stays black.

The caps lock blinks 2x short 2x long.

This is a BIOS error.

Now I want to solve this.

I've tried the windows and B or V key. And an USB stick with the recovery program but nothing helps.

Also I put out the cmos battery to clear the CMOS.

The laptop won't start up with the BIOS screen. What can I do?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,792 16,752 720 791
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@RonSteZ
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, run Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8 (if the computer doesn't start up/power on you can skip the next step)

Next step, BIOS default: 

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

Also, you can try to Install a BIOS recovery file from the HP website using a USB flash drive. To complete this step, you need a second working computer with an active Internet connection. Click here to know more.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard Reset will not work; the laptop starts up and after a few seconds caps lock is blink 2x long, 2x short.

BIOS Default will also not work because there is a black screen, so I can't see a BIOS.

And for a BIOS recovery there is also an issue; when I download the file sp96301 and execute it, there is a installshieldwizard, i click next.I accept the terms in the licence agreement and then the software extact the files. 

Then it stops! There is no screen to save the file to an usb stick? So that is an issue. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,792 16,752 720 791
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@RonSteZ

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation