Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion DV6-2030sa
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have noticed that the drivers for the Pavilion DV6-2030sa are unavailable and wanted to see if it is anything with me or if the drivers and support documentation (like manuals, etc) have been pulled from the website.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP retires support for PC's that have reached 10 years of age.

What drivers do you need and I'll see what I can do to help.

Post the device description and hardware ID for each device that needs drivers.

Use this guide to find that information...

https://www.howtogeek.com/193798/how-to-find-drivers-for-unknown-devices-in-the-device-manager/

HP Recommended

i need the SATA controller driver for windows 7 as it is not detecting the drive installed. ("AMD SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 SATA controller" taken from a linux live USB stick in lspci)

HP Recommended

That's very strange.  I didn't think W7 would need the driver for that.

But to honor your request, I have zipped up and attached below, the W7 x64 AMD SATA controller you need for your model notebook.

Download and unzip the file.  Copy the file contents to a USB flash drive.  Just the files, not the folder.

With the flash drive in the PC, boot from the W7 installation media, and when you get to the part where you are asked to load the driver, click on Load driver, and browse to the USB flash drive with the files on it.

If you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver.   

Click Next, and W7 should begin to install if that is the problem. 

I'm not convinced that it is, but I hope I am wrong.

HP Recommended

Amazing, thanks. I will try this later. Just want to get it running the factory OS on another hard drive instead of a linux distro. Seems fit after the loss of Windows 7 support.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If it doesn't work, there may be an issue with your W7 installation media--especially if you are getting 'A required CD driver is missing' error.

HP Recommended

Looks like it was just the partitioning i think because i have formatted the drive since trying before and it is working. Kinda feel like an idiot now because i already know this stuff.

HP Recommended

We all have those days...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.