Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 15 JT112
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i recieved an"Support Alert" email this morning aadvising of a potential security issue with a synaptics touchpad driver.

i followed the links and chose my laptop from the list of drivers, downloaded the appropriate driver (S81891.exe), but when i try and run the setup files i get a message saying it "Cannot be unpacked and is corrupted" .

i have downloaded and renamed the old files 3 times no but get the same responce???

Can you please help

Regards WayneHP_s8191_driver issue.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Crewzar

Thank you so much for replying with the model details and thanks to our Forums community member @lasvegaswireman for sharing the link. 

I checked and found that it is the correct and the latest download for the Synaptics Touchpad driver, Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Support. Please try to remove the previous downloads of the Synaptics touchpad drivers and then download it manually from this HP link.

If the issue persists then try using a different browser and check if that helps. 

Hope this helps. Let me know the outcome. Good luck! 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Crewzar

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that you received an alert to install the Synaptics touchpad drivers. But the file does not get installed. Thanks for sharing the image. 

Are you facing any issues with the touchpad currently? If not then please skip to install the touchpad drivers. 

Please let me know the exact laptop model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l. I'm unable to pull up the laptop details using the model no. (Envy 15 JT112) shared by you.

Meanwhile, you may manually try to search for the Synaptics touchpad drivers via this link: www.hp.com/drivers

Please feel free to reply. I'll watch out for your reply. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi MKazi, thanks for the reply.

my laptop details are as follows..

Model No HP Envy 15 j112tx

Product no F6C78PA#ABG

HP_Laptop_Details.jpg

when i look at the HP site for the synaptic drivers to suit my laptop the file name is the same so i can only asume i will suffer the same error.

HP_s81891_driver issue2.jpg

HP Recommended

MKazi,

Please try this models support page... https://suppoHP ENVY 15-j112tx Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)rt.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-15-j100-Note...

Frank

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

@Crewzar

Thank you so much for replying with the model details and thanks to our Forums community member @lasvegaswireman for sharing the link. 

I checked and found that it is the correct and the latest download for the Synaptics Touchpad driver, Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Support. Please try to remove the previous downloads of the Synaptics touchpad drivers and then download it manually from this HP link.

If the issue persists then try using a different browser and check if that helps. 

Hope this helps. Let me know the outcome. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

MKazi, thanks for the reply, and as sceptical as i was, i downloaded the driver from the link you provided, and it has installed without issue.'

thank you for your assistance.

HP Recommended

@Crewzar

You're most welcome. 

I'm glad the suggested steps helped and hope it stays the same way. It is a pleasure to share this platform with you. 

Take care! 🙂

HP Recommended

Same problem with driver ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81501-82000/sp81892.exe for HP ProBook 4530s  "Cannot be unpacked and is corrupted".

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.