Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought an HP laptop saying is a HP 17-CN1053CL laptop. HP support assistant says it is a HP Laptop 17-cn1xxx. HP cannot auto detect system and HP cloud recovery tool says system ID is invalid. Was looking for bios and software updates. Asked the seller why and their response was

Thai model is a CTO (custom to order) model. When it was refurbished the BIOS and serial number were replaced. You can install all the windows updates.

How can I find an bios update if this is not detected? Also hp support assistant says my ID is Product number: 4S324UAT#ABA but that is invalid. On the warranty of this it says warranty status unknown. Is this a real HP laptop or ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There are only drivers for W11 including the BIOS update.

Driver - HP 17.3 inch Laptop PC 17-c1000 (4B770AV) | HP® Customer Support

If you read the release notes for the BIOS update under the Associated Files section, it indicates it is also supported for W10.

https://support.hp.com/soar-attachment/164/col105463-ob-288196-1-ob-288196-1_sp139182_releasedoc.htm... 

If you read the specs for your notebook, you will see that it came with W11 Home, not W10.

That is the supported operating system

If you want to run W10, that's your decision, and I suggest in that case, you use the W10 drivers from the 470 G8 business class notebook referenced in those BIOS release notes.

Do not use any of the firmware files from the 470 G8.

Select the W10 64-bit option, or 20H1 option.

You will end up with just the Cloud recovery tool link if you select W10 21H2.

HP 470 G8 Notebook PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi:

Here is the link to the product specs for your PC, which has the correct product number.

HP Laptop 17-cn1053cl Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

That product number is supported by the HP cloud recovery tool according to the database...

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1660148390211.png

The support page for the model series can be found at the link below...

HP 17.3 inch Laptop PC 17-c1000 (4B770AV) | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

I have entered the ID on that page and it still says invalid ID. Also went to support page and the only driver updates is the HP cloud recovery tool link. Not getting anywhere on this answer sorry...........

HP Recommended

Screenshot (1).png

HP Recommended

would have helped to type all the numbers, got hp cloud tool to work. But still no luck on a bios update, if their is one.

HP Recommended

There are only drivers for W11 including the BIOS update.

Driver - HP 17.3 inch Laptop PC 17-c1000 (4B770AV) | HP® Customer Support

If you read the release notes for the BIOS update under the Associated Files section, it indicates it is also supported for W10.

https://support.hp.com/soar-attachment/164/col105463-ob-288196-1-ob-288196-1_sp139182_releasedoc.htm... 

If you read the specs for your notebook, you will see that it came with W11 Home, not W10.

That is the supported operating system

If you want to run W10, that's your decision, and I suggest in that case, you use the W10 drivers from the 470 G8 business class notebook referenced in those BIOS release notes.

Do not use any of the firmware files from the 470 G8.

Select the W10 64-bit option, or 20H1 option.

You will end up with just the Cloud recovery tool link if you select W10 21H2.

HP 470 G8 Notebook PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Did the HP recovery tool to make a usb drive and booted to it, it says this recovery image cannot be used on this device something like that and gives me a long error code. If you need the error code let me know. This system was sold to me with windows 10 home x64.

HP Recommended

Also because of that i am afraid to use bios update for F20 A  my system says I have F12

HP Recommended

Sorry, the other thing I noticed is under hp support assistant it says my system is 4S324UAT#ABA and not just the 4S324UA#ABA. Where the T came from unknown

HP Recommended

Thought I'd upload the pic of error I am getting on boot up to install windows 11 HP recovery tool media to usb drive

20220810_200525.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.