Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Pavilion is stuck in a loop between the faulty battery warning and the HP start up logo. It has happened since I tried to restore the laptop.I tried all the options available,none worked and this has happened since a failed attempt at restoring and deleting all files. Some help would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @shig1,

The failure ID gave me following information:

Failure ID Tag

GLN0R3-6S6869-MFPWXF-61SS03

Checksum

OK

Test Date

2016/07/19

Failure Code

Device

Storage

Includes

Floppy Drive, Hard Drive, Memory Drive, Optical Drive, SCSI, Tape Drive

Error Message

Hard Disk 1 Optimized

The hard drive is failing. Back up your personal files, and you will need a hard drive replacement.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi @shig1,

Welcome to HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help.

I understand that your laptop loops between the faulty battery warning and the HP start up logo. Please remove the battery, and start the laptop on the charger. If the laptop cannot start normally, try to perform a system recovery:

HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10) (check the last link: Recovery when Windows 10 does not start correctly)

Let me know if you can perform the sytem recovery and start the laptop again.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your reply SDJL. I have tried that several times and keep getting a bluescreen after selecting windows 10. It does nothing after that.

HP Recommended

Hi @shig1,

Can you disable the automatic restart and perform the hardware failure tests as follow?

HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi SDJL  I tried that but still get the loop.

HP Recommended

Hi @shig1,

Can you run the hardware failure test? Did it pass the test?

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Sorry SDJL,how do I get to that?

HP Recommended

Hi @shig1,

You can follow this:

HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 😎

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thank you.I'll try that and get back to you.

HP Recommended

Hi SDJL.     I ran the quick test and got ....

Hard Drive SMART Check : PASSED

Hard Drive Short DST Check WARNING

The extensive check

Hard Drive Smart check :PASSED

Hard Drive Short DST Check :WARNING

FAILURE ID : GLN0R3-6S6869-MFPWXF-61SS03

PRODUCT ID:E9J8EA#ABU

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.