Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Something is wrong with the PC...messed up BIOS, bad motherboard...whatever controls the booting function is kaput.

It should just automatically boot from the USB flash drive just like it did on your W10 PC.

I have booted from plenty of DVD's and flash drives with no OS on the hard drive.

Never had a problem but once, and like you, try as I might, I could not get any device to boot.

I removed the hard drive, installed windows on it from a similar model PC that had no problem booting from a CD (Windows XP), put the hard drive back in the PC and it booted to the hard drive and ran windows just fine.

It just wouldn't boot from a CD/DVD or flash drive.

Sorry, but I don't think anyone will be able to help you with this one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.