Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Netbook 17-bs051od
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all,

He the problem I'm having. I had this HP Netbook 17-bs051od which the motherboard when bad on. I got a used on that is compatible ( same numbers on it). I installed it and it would not boot up, but I could boot into bios and did an update using the bios for the laptop the motherboard came out of. After that I can now boot the system, but I have to press F5 right after pressing the power button. Also the touch pad doesn't work, I have updated the drivers for it. I tried to do a full system recover but still having the same issue. Any help is appreciated,

Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Mousepwr 

I'm sorry but we have no way, from here, of either examining or diagnosing the issues with your PC.

Additionally, when you replaced the motherboard, you voided any warranty on the PC -- so now, HP is no longer going to work on it.

Your best bet would be to find some local laptop repair facility that will examine it and give you an estimate of what it will cost to get it running again.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

You were no help what so ever. Thanks for stating the obvious.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.