Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP netbook will not boot after installing motherboard.

HP Netbook 17-bs051od
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all,

He the problem I'm having. I had this HP Netbook 17-bs051od which the motherboard when bad on. I got a used on that is compatible ( same numbers on it). I installed it and it would not boot up, but I could boot into bios and did an update using the bios for the laptop the motherboard came out of. After that I can now boot the system, but I have to press F5 right after pressing the power button. Also the touch pad doesn't work, I have updated the drivers for it. I tried to do a full system recover but still having the same issue. Any help is appreciated,

Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
20,257 20,202 1,869 4,467
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mousepwr 

I'm sorry but we have no way, from here, of either examining or diagnosing the issues with your PC.

Additionally, when you replaced the motherboard, you voided any warranty on the PC -- so now, HP is no longer going to work on it.

Your best bet would be to find some local laptop repair facility that will examine it and give you an estimate of what it will cost to get it running again.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You were no help what so ever. Thanks for stating the obvious.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation