Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15-k204na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Now that Windows 10 Creators Update (version 1703) is released, and HP has published its list of compatible notebooks and desktops for the new OS update, why is my notebook not on the tested list. My notebook is the HP Envy 15-k204na and is less than 2 years old. In fact my HP Care Pack is just about to finish. I think it is outrageous that a relatively new high end notebook is not being tested, and of course hopefully proved to be compatible. Can any of the the HP experts furnish any reason as to why this situation should be the case.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @EckC_25

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that you want to know why your computer was not tested for Windows 10 creator update.

I’d love to help!

I would like to inform you that HP tests only few model of computers to make sure that the original drivers are compatible with the update. However, you can go ahead and install the update if you already have Windows 10 installed on your computer as it is already gone through the compatibility check and should work fine with the update.

Hope that answers your question.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @EckC_25

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that you want to know why your computer was not tested for Windows 10 creator update.

I’d love to help!

I would like to inform you that HP tests only few model of computers to make sure that the original drivers are compatible with the update. However, you can go ahead and install the update if you already have Windows 10 installed on your computer as it is already gone through the compatibility check and should work fine with the update.

Hope that answers your question.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks to you, The_Fossette.
When Microsoft pushes the Windows 10 Creators Update to me on Windows Update, I will be much relieved that my notebook should update OK. But I'll still be crossing my fingers until the update competes successfully.
HP Recommended

Hi @EckC_25

I am positive that you the update will go through fine.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Take care Smiley Happy

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.