Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-dw0083wm

I'm trying to fix a hp laptop for my friend and for some reason the os has gotta corrupted.  I have tried all the repair options and can't get it to boot into windows and plus the warranty is expired so I can't get any help from HP.  Does anyone have any suggestion other than putting another OS on it? Can I get one from HP or a recovery image?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can create a bootable USB recovery drive with the HP cloud recovery tool that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with the notebook.

You'll need to use another PC running W7 64 bit or newer and a 32 GB USB flash drive to create the recovery media with.

Here is an info link for how to use the utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool in Windows 11 and 10 | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Would I get the cloud link using this link you sent me or is this just information on how to us it?  Also do you need a login to use the cloud?

HP Recommended

You don't need to login to use the Cloud recovery tool.

For your convenience, I have zipped up and attached the tool below.

After you install the tool on a Windows PC running W7 64 bit or newer, you have to right click on it and select 'Run as administrator.'

Then you will need to enter the notebook's full product number that I wrote below in the tool's window since you can't run the utility from the PC that is not working.

1A493UA#ABA

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.