Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion 109na
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello all, technical idiot needing help here. Son's laptop for uni purchased new from HP direct for a hefty £600 in Dec 2016.

Now showing the error message "whea_uncorrectable_error" on a regular basis.

Son has saved all his work and now using another laptop.

After checking that tghe warranty was a measly 12 months (actually 6 for some aspects) I dont think HP are interested in helping (one to remember for future purchses I guess)

I have tried (and tried) to reset, return to factory settings, rrecover etc. Each time it goes part way and then stalls,

That my friends is about the sum total of my technical knowledge.

Is anyone aware of this problem and how to resolve ?

I am unaware if we ever received a recovery disk but presume we did purchase, as part of the cost, a full version of Windows 10 ?

Any help welcome but please remember you are talking with a luddite 🙂

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@winterfield wrote:

Hello all, (...) dont think HP are interested in helping (one to remember for future purchses I guess)

Hello @winterfield

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

HP has created numerous free resources for help and self-help. This error you see, though it not related to HP fault.

This is Windows fault and software drivers fault. It's Microsoft and Windows to blame, not HP. If you used another operating system on this PC, you would not have met this error.

Generally speaking, your problem blue error is known as Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). BSOD is kind of Windows self-protection feature. If you received a blue screen error, or stop code, the computer has shut down abruptly to protect itself from data loss. A hardware device, its driver, or related software might have caused this error.What you describe could happen because of incompatible with Windows driver (most often) or because of hardware issue (rarely).

Particularly, the error "whea_uncorrectable_error" is caused by Windows fault and graphics driver fault.

Microsoft has created an article >> https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028662/windows-how-to-fix-wheauncorrectableerror

1. Update Windows 10 - Click on Start and go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and then select Check for updates
  2. Update your Monitor/Display/Graphics driver via Windows Update, via Device Manager or via HP Drivers download site
    >> https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03330139

Hope this helps !

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.