Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-ax250tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have one 128 gb SSD and 1 tb harddisk. OS windows 10 is preloaded in the ssd and the Hp recovery image is created on the 1 tb harddisk in a separate partition.

Now the OS got corrupted so I need to reinstall the windows, I tried with Hp recovery option but after 50 % it says some files were not found and exit.

I also had created a bootable CD from there I reinstalled the OS but the Hp recovery manager is not there anymore in the system. The image file still stays intact but I cannot load the image if I need to reinstall in future.

My product was under warranty, I called up the HP support but they told that I need to purchase the software as it is only 90 warranty, which I have lapsed.

So it there any way to install the HP manager.

The list I tried:

1. Downloaded the HP manager update from the HP official site - no use

2. Downloaded Macrium Reflect to load the image file - no use

3. Tried to load the image partition from the boot option by entering the recovery mode - no use.

Plz any advice on the issue or do I need to purchase the software

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There is a free factory warranty on new HP products.

The recovery flashdrive that is HP factory created or  by way of the HP Recovery media creator will reinstall the recovery partition, the F11 feature and the HP Recovery Manager.

Invoking the Recovery manager with the F11 key will work again.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The only way to reinstall the HP recovery partition and image is by use of the HP Recovery flash drive created by the factory or by the HP Recovery media creator utility. In your case, the latter is not possible. You should have done that while your OS was still in good condition

I recommend purchasing the factory created USB HP recovery flash media. As far as I recall, the price is reasonable.

Do yourself the favor of not requesting a DVD HP recovery media set.  Recordable media is not durable like the USB media. One scratch on the label side and the media is ruined.

What did you mean by "90 warranty"?   I have never heard that phrase before.

The HP Recovery Manager update would only be useful for a non-corrupted Recovery partition that has never been used to create recovery media before.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for a reply, but can you plz let me know if I use the recovery flash drive - will it install the Hp recovery manager or do I need to rely only on the usb .

90 warranty - my mistake , I meant 90 days warranty from the day of purchase

HP Recommended

There is a free factory warranty on new HP products.

The recovery flashdrive that is HP factory created or  by way of the HP Recovery media creator will reinstall the recovery partition, the F11 feature and the HP Recovery Manager.

Invoking the Recovery manager with the F11 key will work again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.