Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I don't know how to fix the drive not connected  problem.

I would try the built-in factory recovery first.

Ifor the drive passed the diagnostics tests, most likely it is fine.

HP Recommended

So you recommend doing a factory rest instead of a system recovery? Can't I do a system recovery simply (I don't want to waste my time setting up a USB, unless factory reset is required or important then please do tell me). Also, here is my windows error when I boot, my hard drive reports, and the options of my built-in HP system recovery👇

IMG_20200923_054847.jpg

IMG_20200921_230945.jpg

IMG_20200921_181857.jpg

HP Recommended

Looking at the pictures, I don't see any choice but to use the cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive.

You can't do a factory reset with the recovery manager since you are getting that destination drive not connected error.

HP Recommended

Alright, I'll do as you recommend. I'm just backing up for now and will inform you with anything encountered or not understood. I appreciate your help a lot ☺️

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Hopefully the USB recovery drive will work for you and not report the same error.

If it does, your only other option would be to clean install W10 by using the media creation tool at the link below to create bootable installation media.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-by-hp-15-ce000-laptop-pc/15551437

HP Recommended

I'm still backing up, and I will give you my hypothesis or thought of what makes this error occurs.

HP Recommended

The destination drive is not connected error appears when files have long names or are placed in too many subfolders. I'm not sure about if they're placed in too many subfolders, but I am sure about the long file names. I tried to backup a 25 MB powerpoint with a pretty long name, it gave me the same error. 

HP Recommended

One more question before doing the factory reset. I read that doing the factory reset would affect all partitions (including the recovery and any user partions). Since I've got an empty 1 TB disk D, HDD drive. Will it install the recovery there or leave it as an empty storage? Because I want it empty as I got my laptop the first time. 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01867418#AbT2

HP Recommended

Just to reassure that doing the factory reset by the USB would keep my windows 10 license and won't remove it, right? 

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you exactly what the cloud recovery tool will do on your PC.

On some it formats the entire drive and restores the original partitions including the recovery partition.

When I used it, it formatted the drive and when it was done, I got the original W10 configuration with the drivers and HP programs installed.

I did not get any recovery partition.

Just one C:\ partition.

So it will format your drive and at a minimum reinstall the original W10, drivers and HP software that came with your notebook.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.