Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Sad... Cause the recovery partition helped me a lot in backing up my stuff and it gave me the idea to contact you instead of Microsoft

HP Recommended

I did system recovery instead of the bootable  USB factory reset, and it worked! I don't know how to thank you... But all I can do is give you first kudos and ask you for any help. You're my best expert 😊

HP Recommended

Hey Paul, can I ask you a favor please? Now we're done fixing windows, I got 2 more issues. First, is that some of my keyboard keys arent functioning , even after doing a test for them (the same place I did the test for the hard drives). I guess their electrocuted from water, and dunno how to fix them (I must change them myself or go to an HP center but dunno how) . Also, is there a way I can disassemble my laptop keyboard and access my internal laptop to clean any dust in my fans or clean my keyboard keys from any stuff inside? You know dust and any small stuff can enter under the keyboard keys. Also dust can stack in the fans. The second issue is that after updating my Omen control software, it won't launch (it opens a window but doesn't shows any options). So I wanted to note you about these if you can help when I will open a new discussion question. Finally, can I call you Paul if you don't mind? 😅

HP Recommended

Hi:

Sorry that you are also having hardware issues with your notebook.

Unfortunately, I would not be able to help you with any of them, except to provide you the link to the service manual for your notebook, which will provide the procedures to open it up and remove and replace parts.

https://data2.manualslib.com/pdf6/131/13084/1308336-hp/omen.pdf?35f23f8e32db9c9fd48d47196f80f4c8

If you need additional assistance beyond what the manual can provide, I suggest that you start a new post.

I hope that you can fix the problems now that you have gotten the operating system to work again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.